Springwatch with Meg

Meg

After finally deciding i'd never be warm/dry again and beginning to want a lovely heated office job, what a lovely warm and sunny few days we have just had, which look to continue until after the weekend!

I even managed to 'glow' slightly working today! [8-|]

Saw quite a lot of butterflies and heard a lots of buzzy critters!

There's something about the first feeling of warm sunshine in the year that gets me all excited!! [:D] And the feeling that everything is gearing up to burst into life!

First person to spot some cranes wins a prize!

[:D]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've got the odd butterfly, our two tortoises have woken up, albeit looking a bit bleary eyed and confused, and I did 60ks on the bike yesterday and nearly got sunburn. [:D]

Must admit, it don't feel very natural though.

Maybe we're going to have a bad march?

Saw first butterfly yesterday really lifted the spirits to think spring may be on the way, although it saddens me to think that any really cold spells will kill these early emergents.  Crocus and dwarf iris out in the garden but the 50 crocus bulbs I put in pots by front door have all been had by the bloomin mice just as they were emerging into flower - pesky critters.

Hope to see the grues again, such a spectacle and noise in the autumn but I understand they don't make so much noise on their way back north so will have to keep my eyes on the sky.

What is at Milton Malsor-is this a garden or house of fame-I know MILTON THE POET WROTE  PARADISE  LOST --is this his home originally???

I once lived for4 years near to Brackley and the time was 1974to 1978 and the pace of life was a bit like the Limousin compared to London.

Great place to live and near to Oxford,Blenheim and the fabulous Cotswold villages.[:)]

What another beautiful day!

Bunked off for the afternoon and did dome digging in my veggie patch and absorbing some sunshine. Perfect soul food is digging! Should be available on the N.H.S [:)]

Had some crocus up for a few weeks now and today noticed some grape hyacinths starting to show their little faces.

This time of year is like natures alarm clock just went off........you know its still going to hit the snooze button a few more times, but it's beginning to slowly wake up.

Ab, stop fibbing you didn't see any cranes. Anyway 2 is a rubbish amount, you need a hooge flock of 'em all gabbling away to each other. Stop cheating. Its naughty.

Mrs House, you are totally going off topic now. [:D]

Cranes.....

7/02Plusieurs vols sont observés au sud de Troyes (Aube), se dirigeant vers les lacs Aubois.
Des vols signalés également dans la Nièvre, la Haute-Vienne et l'Indre
6/02Peu de mouvements. Quelques vols sont signalés dans la Nièvre.
5/02Des vols sont signalés dans la Gironde, l'Indre, le Cher,  la Haute-Vienne, la Vienne et la Nièvre
La migration pré-nuptiale s'accélère : de gros passages sont observés en Charente (près de 500 grues en 12 vols entre 14 et 16 h).

LPO Ardenne.

Chris

[quote user="chris pp"]

Charente (près de 500 grues en 12 vols entre 14 et 16 h).
[/quote]

Doh!  I must have been on a tea break!!

Thanks crispy pea! That has made me smile!!! I am so sad when they leave and so excited on their return!!

Is this unusually early? Are we in for a good summer......any hints yet?

I shall be on crane lookout tomorrow. [:)]