Keeping Uk Residency?

blackcat

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="bigears"]

hi

Cooperlola, a good idea but what evidence of residency will the NHS ask for?  A uk tax declaration?  I have never filled out any tax form in my life, but am uk resident.   Are we going to be issued with compulsory residency cards?  Think of the extra burocracy all this will generate.

[/quote]the document is 80 pages long (I kid you not!) but if you'd like to see a copy, then please pm me.

Edited : it wasn't as big a document as I thought - it just seems like it.  And yes, it will mean more bureaucracy (you guessed it) as a person will be appointed specifically to each trust to deal with the subject![:-))]

hi

My wife and I share, certainly our french bank card, again a list of card withdrawals does not prove residency.  Anyway I would refuse to allow an NHS bureaucrat a look at any such personal statement.  If the UK public are going to be asked to prove residency for NHS treatment, they will have to come up with an id scheme that works.  I'm sure given time all these issues will be resolved and there will be little hiding place for anyone ducking and diving.  Must go as mortier is going off.

If you are resident in France and try and make out that you live in the UK to get free NHS treatment you will be found out before you get to see a doctor, without any further checks.  You have to give a name and address for a start which can be checked against local and NHS records and the name of your GP which will also be checked against hospital and the national database, then they will see your E 106 and/or that you are no longer on that GP's books.......... 

It has already happened to one or two who thought they were being clever with a foot supposedly in both camps and the NHS bill was not payable by CPAM!! 

[quote user="Russethouse"]

Anyway I would refuse to allow an NHS bureaucrat a look at any such personal statement.

I think you'll find you don't get a choice, or maybe you do: prove you are resident or pay this bill.

[/quote]

RH, haven't you learnt by now that its school holiday time and that international hardman bigears is back in France and on his usual wind ups?

Truth is he lives in the UK, has a very dull life and comes to France in his UK reg Ford Fiesta for the school holidays, He then tries to make out to anyone still the slightest bit interested that he lives life on the edge by staying 184 days in France without telling the taxman.[:'(]  Wow, the adrenalin kick he must get from that must be better than a snog from Noddy!![:D]

Post edited by the moderators. As per the forum Code of Conduct, users must not post messages which are insulting, abusive,

racist, sexist, or derogatory in any way to others, whether they are

individuals or companies, users of the Forum or not.

Big-Ears

Big-Ears Big-Ears is Noddy's best friend and mentor. He is a wise gnome who is quite sprightly for his age (he's over 100 years old, you know) and he is always on hand with a kind word or some common-sense advice.

Big-Ears lives in Toadstool House and used to get around Toy Town on a flashy red bicycle until Noddy accidentally ran over it.

Noddy was so upset about the accident that he not only had the bike repaired and decorated with spiffy white polka-dots, he also had Mr Sparks fit a secret (and very fast) engine. And then forgot to tell Big-Ears about it.

A hair-raising ride followed but, as with the many other misadventures Noddy has unwittingly involved him in, Big-Ears took it in good humour and could not help but chuckle at the funny things that happen around his well-meaning friend.

[quote user="bigears"]

hi

Calling a fellow contributor xxxxxxxxxxx isn't very nice, would you like to withdraw that? 

[/quote]

Oh sorry I meant 183 days and 20 minutes, just add it to your CV as an international man of mystery and all round risk taker[kiss]  Is it really true that you only renew your UK Road tax on the day after expiry?[blink]

Now now children, Sarah was not asking for you to fall out, she was asking what was best for her mother. I have just read her posting, I cannot find anywhere it says she was going to bring her mother over and not reg her here, she was asking if you have to, or what would be better for her mum. Just a list of who to speak with, or where to go would have been nice.

Some of these replys would put anyone off coming to live here.

[quote user="dr orloff"]This is the statement that was made:

"Everytime you book a ticket to anywhere, that info is passed on and here in France,again everything is noted and also passed on."

That is rubbish , it simply does not happen.  Information is available upon request if an investigation is conducted by the authorities.  But that is not the same as everyone's travel patterns being routinely disclosed....[/quote]

New anti-terrorism rules 'allow US to spy on British motorists'

[quote user="egger"]

Now now children, Sarah was not asking for you to fall out, she was asking what was best for her mother. I have just read her posting, I cannot find anywhere it says she was going to bring her mother over and not reg her here, she was asking if you have to, or what would be better for her mum. Just a list of who to speak with, or where to go would have been nice.

Some of these replys would put anyone off coming to live here.

[/quote]

LOL egger - it dodn't put you off and you got some pretty odd answers when you joined the forum....[:)]

Yes I remember Russethouse, god that seems such along time ago.  For those that dont know, we sold everything in England, and came to France, the difference being we had never been to France before [8-|], so you can imagine some of the comments that I got, but you are right Russethouse it did not put us off. I am still here and still loving it [:D].

PS must remember Russethouse has long memory [Www].

Thank you Ron for your advice, in fact thanks to everyone, I didnt expect so many replies!

My elderly mum is italian and also fluent in French. Basically she has wanted to get away from England for years, she has no friends here and often comes across hostility, she is very much a loner apart from wanting to be with us, her family who she is desperate to be with and relies on. She lives on her own, my dad having passed away some time ago and wants to get away from the english culture. She is fluent in french, spanish and english. In England she is reserved and depressed. When we take her abroad she really spreads her wings, becomes sociable and starts to smile again.  In the UK she receives no friendliness, which is such a shame.

For those reasons I think taking her to France would be a fantastic opportunity for her. She has been trying to persuade us for years to move abroad but theres been so much to consider. Our children are 3, 10 and 15 and have shown amazing support in this decision and are extremely keen to start a new life in France, a reaction of which I was surprised at. To be honest the children fitting in are my main concern but I wanted to make sure things wouldnt be too complicated for my mum. Although she is a terribly intelligent lady she doesnt need any stress!

Thank you so much for all the good advice received.

Hi there, Im not quite sure who to reply to but I seem to have stirred something up, sorry!

All the information is very interesting and yes I did actually wonder how strict the french authorities would be in checking on someones movements in and out the country.  However, my mum is extremely law abiding and I know as soon as we have come over to France she will be straight down to the Town Hall, banks and any other official place she can go to check on everything. She will have more knowledge than me on the subject, especially as she's fluent in French.

I just want to clear one thing up, my mum has no affinity with the UK atall and has been longing to move away for years, it is only us, her close family that have stopped her from going. Our children are also now wanting to move as they are distressed at the culture here and want a better quality of life, somewhere safer with no intimidating yobs hanging around, the list of reasons is endless. My 15 year old is fluent in french too. She'll be almost 17 by the time we move. She plans to spend a year with us and then travel Europe, with a nice long stop in Paris on the way.

The healthcare issue I just wanted to get my head round so I explain things in simple terms to my mum. She wont worry too much at the prospect of having to pay 30% of the cost. We will rent out the UK property while we are away, if things go badly wrong there is always an option for us or her to return.

Many thanks to everyone for their replies. I am actually very much looking forward to this move!

Hello, yes, thank you, she is already looking into the inheritance tax etc, she doesnt want me involved in that side of things!

I do have another query though, concerning residency again, I keep hearing a about people who have dual residency for certain countries, is this only when they have family in both? For example, my friends daughter moved to Spain with her mother when her parents divorced, as her father is still in the UK she has dual residency.

My eldest daughter is leaving her father in the UK, would that entitle her to dual residency?  A distant relative married a swiss man and although lives in Switzerland has dual residency and is able to come back for important health treatment, which included the birth of her children.

If anyone can shed any light for me I would be very grateful.

Many thanks.  Sara