sunday times today what cxxx

mooky

Well thank you for posting that but I must say, that it is the biggest load of effing tosh I have read for a long time.  I could fill her mouth on every silly observation made.  It is not even satirical just written by a sad bitter woman.

Tip, if you want men to look at you wear high heels that make a noise.  You could have a head like a yak but the sounds of clip clopping will make them all look up (without fail) from comparing the price of power tools in B&Q................ (If you strive for that sort of thing)

[quote user="Clair"]I read it this morning and thought it was written with an obvious tongue in cheek attitude!
It depicts extremes on both sides of the Channel and I don't think it was meant in any way to be taken seriously!
[/quote]

I wouldnt take it seriously at all, as I said, it is a load of tosh typical stereotype old hat nonsense.  Anyway, I dont know why I am getting all hot under the collar, I'm Welsh (is there a smug smilie I can use? [:D] That will do)

As for Parisiens moving to Wales, we have an inn near us run by........................yes a Parisien.

As I said, I have an answer for every silly sentance.

Hey, Russ and Clair..... What do you think about my high heels clip clop theory?

[quote user="Just Katie"]Hey, Russ and Clair..... What do you think about my high heels clip clop theory?[/quote]

Being French, I prefer to impress with my deep philosophical insights into life and the meaning of the gauloise...[Www] it sorts out the men from the boys (the gauloise does...!)

For anyone who missed the deleted extract.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/books/book_extracts/article2799528.ece

Its not that bad, and typical of the genre. Is it really any worse that A Year in the Merde?

I think its probably above the standard of the average ST article. Has anybody read any of Mr Clarkson's ramblings recently?

[quote user="BJSLIV"]For anyone who missed the deleted extract.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/books/book_extracts/article2799528.ece

Its not that bad, and typical of the genre. Is it really any worse that A Year in the Merde?

I think its probably above the standard of the average ST article. Has anybody read any of Mr Clarkson's ramblings recently?

[/quote]

The article in the first post was deleted and was replaced by a link to the original website...

I cannot believe anyone would get worked up over that article. [:P] The article was too long but it's an extract from a book so I suppose it's a "taster".

Sure, it was stereotypical in a Parisienne, bourgeoisie way, and very funny in parts too. Some of it - such as the observations on the Boden catalogue - are spot on.

I'll definitely buy the book. [:D]

[quote user="Just Katie"]

Clair, you say 'being French'.  However, your French sister who wrote the tosh expresses how upset she is at men not looking at her.  I wonder if it has occurred to her she is ugly? [:D]

[/quote]

She might be French,  but I know she's not my sister!

In France, even les laides sont jolies!

Jen - I thought it was funny too. But can you imagine a french newspaper of the standingof the Sunday Times publishing a long article by an englishwoman ridiculing France and its ways? I don't think so! Sometimes the english go too far in self-criticism.

I read it and took it as very tongue in cheek, after living in the same area of London as her for many years I can reconise the people she was talking about, but like Katie said most of it was sweeping statements..............

I could see a lot of myself in her from some the statements she made, but as my hubby says I am bit of a snob, I just hate to see standards of dress and manners slipping away the way they are.

One thing she is right about. Is the way the english are obsessed by what they have , how much there house is worth , how much they are paid , how well there Isa's are doing, and the way they ask you what you do for a living before they even ask you your name. around here must people like to tell you in the first 10mins " ofcoarse we dont have a morgage"

why do I need toknow this [blink]