France on a Plate

Clair

Twas not the comma which caused the problem teapot but the misspelling of 'too'

[quote user="teapot"]Yep my cooking does that to Ern, try some gaviscon [/quote]then becomes 'Yep my cooking does that too Ern, try some gaviscon' which is now perfectly clear and unambiguous [;-)]

But I'm being a pedant [:D]

What a boring program ........the opening was enough to put people off French food for life.

The birds were traditionally taken alive, force-fed and then drowned in armagnac before being roasted and eaten, bones and all, with a napkin over one’s head.

Didn't think I'd like this programme especially after the opening sequence but found it to be an interesting concept, marrying the history of France through it's culinaria (excuse the Italian).  I think Hussey's voice is absolutely right for this and I've enjoyed the fact that it's his spoken French rather than a translated dialogue we hear. 

I thought it should have been renamed Paris on a plate because except for a brief outing to Lyon it was essentially about Paris. Also in his statement that couscous is the favorite foreign dish he had evidently overlooked the pizza which is far more popular.

[quote user="Dick Smith"][quote user="NormanH"]Was very disappointed by a vapid programme ill-presented by an inarticulate lout.

[/quote]

He speaks well of you, too. I assume you are simply reacting to his accent - he is a PhD and a professor.

I thought it had some interesting cultural insights.

[/quote]

Well there you show your subjectivity!

'interesting' for you therefore proven. Of course you could do the hard bit and try to explain your bald statement.

' a PhD and a professor' so automatically worthy of respect? Again this as  is subjective as your assumption that my reaction was any thing to do with his accent.

My (subjective)  reaction was partly to do with the clumsy expression with an inadequate vocabulary, as well as the 'Willy Russell'  academic image.

I believe I detected the same thing in French, with quite a few grammatical errors surprising in a 'Professor of French' but there I will of course bow to our French posters.

[quote user="NormanH"][quote user="Dick Smith"][quote user="NormanH"]Was very disappointed by a vapid programme ill-presented by an inarticulate lout.

[/quote]

He speaks well of you, too. I assume you are simply reacting to his accent - he is a PhD and a professor.

I thought it had some interesting cultural insights.

[/quote]

Well there you show your subjectivity!

'interesting' for you therefore proven. Of course you could do the hard bit and try to explain your bald statement.

' a PhD and a professor' so automatically worthy of respect? Again this as  is subjective as your assumption that my reaction was any thing to do with his accent.

My (subjective)  reaction was partly to do with the clumsy expression with an inadequate vocabulary, as well as the 'Willy Russell'  academic image.

I believe I detected the same thing in French, with quite a few grammatical errors surprising in a 'Professor of French' but there I will of course bow to our French posters.

[/quote]

Well, if he made grammatical errors he just can't be right, can he? Must be a lout.

Why, out of interest, is it ok for you to be 'subjective' but not anyone else? Perhaps you could try 'the hard bit' and explain why the programme was 'vapid' and how it was 'ill presented' and in what ways the presenter was 'inarticulate' and how his behaviour was loutish?

Or, you could just vent spleen and bluster, I suppose.