I can't find justice in France - it would not happen in England

greenfingers

[quote user="greenfingers"]It has NOT been dismissed from the tribunal..........etc etc[/quote]All very interesting but unfortunately sheds little light or clarity on what so many of us are finding to be almost incomprehensible ramblings.

Why don't you start from the beginning and tell us the complete story, warts and all ?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="AnOther"]All very interesting but unfortunately sheds little light or clarity on what so many of us are finding to be almost incomprehensible ramblings.

Why don't you start from the beginning and tell us the complete story, warts and all ?[/quote]

Hear, hear.  And with paragraphs, please.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="idun"]I realise that you have now gone to the Procureur, but why didn't you go straight to the police or gendarmes as soon as it happened, this is theft/fraud.

I might have messed around for a little bit of money, but for my house price, no, I would have been screaming blue murder and I would frankly be onto the police etc, as well as british and french newspapers.

Get onto Watchdog in the UK. Get onto Homes from Hell on british tv. Get onto every last newspaper. Make sure you have details to back you up, you will have all your paperwork won't you.

I don't understand why a judge didn't do anything either, all very strange.[/quote]

You try explaining yourself in french, that a french bank has taken your money, and don't care.

I was looking for some kind of advice, what do you think the Bank's reponsibility are to us as clients.

As you can read there are more people that don't won't to believe it could happen, it's like believing

MP's could cheat on their expenses?

I'll say again, I would be screaming blue murder and onto the press in both countries.

I had few words of french when I moved to France and it took a long time for me to learn french, so yes, I do know all about trying to get myself understood. And for all I didn't manage to get 'justice' for all my little campaigns, I did for at least 2 in my early years, and that was with very very bad french.

You really have to get onto one of these 'nightmares abroad' type programs, or the Daily Mail.

If you have not signed this money away and you are sure that you haven't go for it. My advice is get publicity and I reckon that is good advice. I cannot think of anything else anyone can tell you.

[quote user="greenfingers"] I was looking for some kind of advice, what do you think the Bank's reponsibility are to us as clients.[/quote]

Greenfingers (sorry for misrecalling your username last time).

I dont think that anyone is not believing that it could happen but you do need to give more than just vague details if you want to get some meaningfull advice, several people have asked questions I assume to be able to formulate their answers.

Mine was, is the person that took the money a co-signatory to the account or a co-account holder and are/were they your partner?

I can only sympathise with the OP. I too have had many problems with my bank, surprising after all the business I have personally put their way. I did not want to change banks because of all the aggravation of transferring direct debits etc but last week the bank made another grave error and when I politely complained in person I was very firmly told to get out of the bank; charming!

I am presently changing banks dès que possible.

[quote user="audio"]

when I politely complained in person I was very firmly told to get out of the bank; charming!

[/quote]

Wow, it is incredible that such behaviour goes unchallenged, when you are the client, you pay the wages of the person who told you to get out!

I am speechless - and yet, not completely surprised, as I greatly mistrust banks altogether.

My conseiller lied to me, costing me money. I went to see the Manager, I wrote to head office and not a thing was done. Not a thing.

Needless to say we changed banks.

Then we changed banks again. This one isn't so bad, but has recently grouped up with the last one we had, so I can only imagine that things will get worse.

[quote user="5-element"][quote user="audio"]

when I politely complained in person I was very firmly told to get out of the bank; charming!

[/quote]

Wow, it is incredible that such behaviour goes unchallenged, when you are the client, you pay the wages of the person who told you to get out!

I am speechless - and yet, not completely surprised, as I greatly mistrust banks altogether.

[/quote]

Is there a problem with my replies or the website?

I have had the following deleted 3 times???

‘Yes I appreciate your thoughts but what you expect me to do? Punch the person (a woman) on the nose?’

Ah, back online.

Yes 5-Element, it is difficult to challenge really well when not in your native tongue but I will make 100% sure the bank director hears and understands completely about my ‘little chat’ at his bank

[quote user="audio"]

Ah, back online.

Yes 5-Element, it is difficult to challenge really well when not in your native tongue but I will make 100% sure the bank director hears and understands completely about my ‘little chat’ at his bank

[/quote]

Audio, I did not mean for YOU personally to challenge them further than what you did. It sounds like you are doing pretty well, all things considered. If it happened to me I would be just as gutted and furious - and even in my native tongue would still feel quite powerless, as I know I am small fry. I meant "how can this sort of thing go on with impunity", although consumers associations are doing their best with the challenging, I guess I naively would expect changes to come from the highest level. As little customers we, individually, can do very little.

Mind you, it must have been quite tempting to punch the woman on the nose... Probably a good thing you didn't though.

I have just about run out of sympathy for the OP.  He has been asked more than once for some facts, most recently by Chancer, who asked a clear question very politely.  The OP hasn't bothered to reply. 

I don't normally have a lot of sympathy for banks, but I'm moving in that direction.

Back to the original subject - is there something like a banking ombudsman in France, as we have in the UK? If so, might the original poster try that?

I'm not sure if there is the ombudsman for the various services we have in the UK, like for gas, elec, insurance, etc. Maybe someone can enlighten me ... it would be useful to know.

Many thanks.

[quote user="nectarine"]Is there something like a banking ombudsman in France, as we have in the UK? If so, might the original poster try that? [/quote]

Yes, there are several, generally known as the Médiateur de ... [whatever it is].  But in order to use their services you have to begin by stating exactly what happened and what you have already done about it.  As the OP has totally failed to do that on this forum, I don't think he would have much chance with the Médiateur

Mine was, is the person that took the money a co-signatory to the account or a co-account holder and are/were they your partner?

NO they wasn't a co-signatory to my account and NO they wasn't a co-account holder, and they are not my partner.

It was my personal bank account in my name ONLY.

The Bank had no authority to move my money.

I have been given Aide Juridictionnelle because I have a case, not because I have been mistaken who's name is on my bank account.

I am very surprised at "I have just run out of sypathy for OP" I have not seen any sypathy I thought it was sold at the market next to the vegetable's.

So far some advice as been is it a 'he or she' does the advice change with sex, or they are "geordie" does that make a difference when asking for advice here in France, would you like to know what colour I am too.

Thank you to the people that have given advice with good will, and I am trying to look into all advice given.