The forthcoming year....

Chris Head

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be a long list but if you don't go for it then you go backwards:-

Improve fitness with more tennis and improve ranking

Catch the one's that got away in the lake.

Continue with the estate management and also keep garden tidy

On the work side have a better year than 2006 and see through the new projects.

Clear out more excess ruibbish from UK property

Keep healthy but not necessary to be wealthy

Be always optimistic - Half full not half empty

Help others and do more good deeds for the day

Meet new travellers on my commutes and help those achieve their dream.

Think that should be quite enough in one year.

David J

"Always on the Ball"

Ummmm ..... The forthcoming year.....

No1 : get my exams out of the way! .... whether a pass or not.... at least the grind [:(] of it out of the way!...

Otherwise in no particular order celebrate in style :  my last year before the half century!, with my siblings our parents 50th wedding anniversary, my son's graduation for his MSc in June/July...

Meet more of you on my next trip home [;-)] ... be warned! [:D]

Most of all (and already saving up for it!) : Spend Christmas and New Year IN France!!! with my French family which will be the first time in 30years!

Winning the lottery would be a bonus...even winning the bonus ball kitty at the office would be a real treat!! My number has only come up 2 twice [:(] in 5 years...

I'm going to strip my wooden fitted kitchen and paint it lime green with yellow details. 

Before Christmas I painted the kitchen table and chairs bright blue and this will really brighten up the place - there is too much wood in my house. 

I'll send photos to show you the results[:)]

Try and get the new airing cupboard done in 2007. It will use a pair of superb 19th Cent. oak doors and needs to be built with fielded panels so it will look right; and it needs some easy way to detach a whole section to provide service access to the ballon. Thinks...........................[blink]

Then I suppose to finally finish the old golden oak cupboard; fit the styles in the middle of the doors and get the bevel-edged glass fitted and then make up and fit the shelf supports and get the plate glass shelves cut.

I feel tired already! [:(]

Blimey Twinks, you will need a volume control but it should cut your electrifical bills. I look forward to the photos...

One of my tasks is to refurbish the antique walnut cupboard doors in the dining room. Not to fill the old woodworm holes, they have bin treated, but to sort out the wood on the edges. I have some walnut that should fit the bill nicely. I will also be making a couple of moulding scrapers to match the mouldings... Stanley knife blades are very adaptable!!

[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/Jonzjob/Cupboarddoors.jpg[/IMG]

That should keep me ocupied for a couple of daze???

Blimey Twinks, you will need a volume control but it should cut your electrifical bills. I look forward to the photos...

One of my tasks is to refurbish the antique walnut cupboard doors in the dining room. Not to fill the old woodworm holes, they have bin treated, but to sort out the wood on the edges. I have some walnut that should fit the bill nicely. I will also be making a couple of moulding scrapers to match the mouldings... Stanley knife blades are very adaptable!!

[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/Jonzjob/Cupboarddoors.jpg[/IMG]

That should keep me occupied for a couple of daze???

[quote user="Dick Smith"]Chesnók or chesnòk?
Easy peasy on a Mac...
[/quote]

My Mum always used to tell me to be careful with blokes who had a mac. Not sure what she meant then, but I'm getting there. Anyway I prefere the better security of the PC [8-)][blink]

Don't need yer accents now!

[quote user="Jonzjob"]  [quote user="Dick Smith"]Chesnók or chesnòk? Easy peasy on a Mac... [/quote]  My Mum always used to tell me to be careful with blokes who had a mac. Not sure what she meant then, but I'm getting there. Anyway I prefere the better security of the PC [8-)][blink]....[/quote]

Dya meen a Police Constable to protect you from the man in the Mac.......[;-)]

Looks like there are some great projects gonna happen out there this year, I hope you all achive what you want to and put pictures up.

Why Adirondeck Dick? Is it because the plans are easily available? I personally cringe when I see Adirondeck stuff...I wouldn't want such glaringly obvious Yank stuff in my garden.

[quote user="Dick Smith"]Well that doesn't really bother me. I can't see why the nation of origin should make you cringe.
Yes, the plans are easily available, and its a doable project at my level of skill.
[/quote]

Because the Yanks have as much taste as you would have after a glass of sulphuric acid Dick.

With your brain you should be able to come up with something a little more original than studiously following a plan....look at the joints involved, they won't change and invent yourself on a unique piece of work. Just be a little daring Dick and don't follow the crowd eh?