Self-weighing of fruit and veg - mnemonics

Loiseau

[quote user="dave21478"]Just weigh everything as onions. Cheap, quick and easy.

[;-)]

[/quote]

Wouldn't work where I shop.  The clerks actually check you have the right item in the bag, corresponding to the price label you stuck on it. !!   Funny huh, considering some clerks have to ask what a cucumber is....

What boggles me most is citrons verts coming under "Exotiques"![:D]

Never trust a man do shop for fruit and veg - did anyone see The Apprentice recently with the guys saying vaguely "Is this an orange?...."  "Oooh, I don't know!"  Classic.

Chrissie (81)

Non, I'd trust a man to do the shopping for fruit and veg.

The Apprentice gets idiots on it, otherwise it wouldn't be 'entertainment'. If they all had common sense and were really good at anything at all, I suppose they would be doing things for real, rather than making a show of themselves (literally) on the tv.[6]

[quote user="Rob Roy"]

Our Super U has lovely scales have a touch screen that start with two picture catagories - Fruit or Vegetables. Whichever one you press then shows all the items under that catagory,

[/quote]

Yeah but that doesn't always work out f'instance, a tomato is quite clearly a fruit but where do you find it?  Under 'Veg' of course

I think I've seen it all with self weigh, the main cheats being selecting a cheaper version of the stuff you are buying but the most amazing was a women who weighed a few walnuts  then put loads more in the bag after getting the price ticket!!

I think this is fairly common as I've noticed scales on the checkouts so the cashier can verify the weight if they think the customer is taking the P

[quote user="Chrissie"]

Never trust a man to shop for fruit and veg - did anyone see The Apprentice recently with the guys saying vaguely "Is this an orange?...."  "Oooh, I don't know!"  Classic.

[/quote]They are perfectly capable of doing anything if properly trained.[Www]

As I figured out during my professional life - unless you learn to delegate you end up doing everything yourself.

[quote user="Pierre ZFP"][quote user="Rob Roy"]

Our Super U has lovely scales have a touch screen that start with two picture catagories - Fruit or Vegetables. Whichever one you press then shows all the items under that catagory,

[/quote]

Yeah but that doesn't always work out f'instance, a tomato is quite clearly a fruit but where do you find it?  Under 'Veg' of course
[/quote]

The difference between Knowledge and Wisdom is neatly defined by knowing that a tomato is a fruit  but having the wisdom not to put it in a fruit salad[:D]