Why cant some people just say " I dont know "

Frederick

Buying a built in oven today on line  .I was offered a service to take away the old one when the new one is delivered....For a price .  I ask the sales woman on the help desk number  . Probably in India or Pakistan  to give me more information on the  offered take away service ...I asked if they would remove the old one from the unit it is slid into and replace it with the new one  ... I was then asked everything regarding  model numbers  post codes colour  etc .. Again I asked  what their  service consisted of ... I suspected she did not know .. I was then told the oven was no longer in stock .... Funny ....as I was looking at their web site on line at no indication it was not in stock. I ask when  will you have it ... I am told not for a couple of weeks . I was asked for my post code and told  " We cannot deliver to that area until  January  " Again... As by now I am losing the will to live  . I ask  "  Do your delivery people take out the old ovens and put in the new ones  "  Silence for a moment then she said  "Yes they do  "   I ended the call and made the on line purchase although suspecting I had just been lied to .

.. Within 15 minutes I get a call from Hotpoint who ask   " Can we deliver your oven on Wed 14th ? "  I tell the guy I have just been told the item is no longer on stock and will not see one this side of  Xmas . "   I am then told I am talking to "Hotpoint  " The people who advertise on line just pass the order to them and they deal with it from then on . They deliver and if the old one is out of the unit they will take it away ...thats what the charge is for ..The delivery man will put the new one in the kitchen for me .              Now .....How much business do these Indian Center's lose companies just because they will not say they cant answer your question .?...They will not admit they dont know. then  follow it up with a load of deception over stock and delivery post codes just to  add insult to injury ...  Why is it so hard to be honest and say  "Sorry I dont know ....I will find out and ring you back " 

Before anybody askes   No its not my wifes Xmas present .......That was the motor mower !

A different situation but illustrates a similar mentality: today I wanted to by some perfume as a gift. The helpful shop assistant sprayed 4 scents on different parts of my arm and I said I'd pop back in half an hour or so.

I returned, requested the scent I had chosen only to be told they had none in stock !!! [8-)] Perverse or what ?

Well Gardian, this particular company prides itself on using natural ingredients and scents I can't remember the fourth option but there was Ginger, Grapefruit or Lavender with Vanilla. Believe me, they do not smell the same [:)]

You don't end up smelling like a fruit salad but it gives an idea of the type of smell.....

[quote user="Russethouse"]

Well Gardian, this particular company prides itself on using natural ingredients and scents I can't remember the fourth option but there was Ginger, Grapefruit or Lavender with Vanilla. Believe me, they do not smell the same [:)]

You don't end up smelling like a fruit salad but it gives an idea of the type of smell.....

[/quote]

It sounds as though it might be from the Jo Malone range - I love her fragrances! [:)]

On service, I've ordered a lot more presents than usual using the internet, several froom companies I've never dealt with before. I've been very pleasantly surprised at how much I've been kept informed about the orders and deliveries, and how quickly everything has arrived - so far!

[quote user="just john "]

OK for Autumnal wear but on a warm Summers day you'd have to go a long way to beat the allure of Castrol R . . .[B][/quote]You beat me to it! (I've been out.)  Many's the time I've sat in Bedgebury Forest watching Mexicos and RSs go past , inhaling the Castrol R and listening to the distinctive sounds of a bored out BDA and a Quaife gearbox!![:P]

[quote user="cooperlola"][quote user="just john "] OK for Autumnal wear but on a warm Summers day you'd have to go a long way to beat the allure of Castrol R . . .[B][/quote]You beat me to it! (I've been out.)  Many's the time I've sat in Bedgebury Forest watching Mexicos and RSs go past , inhaling the Castrol R and listening to the distinctive sounds of a bored out BDA and a Quaife gearbox!![:P][/quote]

Ahhh, days of passion past, how many times have I followed the scent of Castrol R through the paddock only for her to disappear out on track in a banshee whine of Straight Cuts[:$]

Sorry Fred, I'd love to say I don't know, but I do, she's out in the garage now, Sorned, scratched by the lawnmower, maybe one day I'll coax her out again[I]

Can't help feeling that there has been just a smidge of thread drift here, for which I put my hand up a bit. However, the main fault lies with that RH who introduced perfume in to the debate. It's all that women can think about at this time of the year. 

[quote user="Gardian"]

Can't help feeling that there has been just a smidge of thread drift here, for which I put my hand up a bit. However, the main fault lies with that RH who introduced perfume in to the debate. It's all that women can think about at this time of the year. 

[/quote]Oy!  The only scent I mentioned was Castrol R.