Rugby World Cup 3rd XV

Gardian

[quote user="Gardian"]

I really think that a few moments of quiet and careful reflection is required for our late-departed opponents - the Wallabies.  I, for one, know that I'll be thinking of them as they board that plane and heading back to Ozz.

Bloody great !!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

hey hey what a great day [:D]

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye and despite my wee side swipe earlier, I'm delighted and offer my sincere congrats to all Red Rose supporters. I think the belief factor was key and also the fact that the Wallabies were so out for revenge that they lost the plot and the door was wide open.

As was said earlier, the pack was close to top drawer stuff - they were one unit and thats quite a while since that can be said. Good result and a great foundation to build on. God help us in the 6 Nations now. Now repeat of Croke Park if this keeps up - [:(]

My sister and bruv-in-law are bound to be right chuffed? They took out Aus nationality a few years back, lived there better part of 40 years and support their (?) team.

I agree, bloody great!!! All our neighbours knew when the final whistle went!! If France pull it out of the bag tonight I will be amoungst a chorus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Gardian"]

Laporte isn't playing Pointrenaud at 15, nor Domenici on the wing.  What's he on?

[/quote]

I eat my words.

For a player who's been a bit 'in and out' for the last couple of seasons, Jauzion had a fantastic defensive game.

Great day & not to the script.  Tomorrow?

[quote user="raindog"]This is amazing
2 southern hemisphere teams knocked out in one day by northern hemisphere teams who were 2nd in the knockout groups. Where are the celebrations?
COME ON ENGLAND!
COME ON FRANCE!
Next week end will be FANTASTIC!
[/quote]

Shame the final couldn't be between France and England?? I yelled my head off for France this evening, but it might be slightly different next Saturday??

[quote user="Jonzjob"]

[quote user="raindog"]This is amazing

2 southern hemisphere teams knocked out in one day by northern hemisphere teams who were 2nd in the knockout groups. Where are the celebrations?

COME ON ENGLAND!

COME ON FRANCE!

Next week end will be FANTASTIC!
[/quote]

Shame the final couldn't be between France and England?? I yelled my head off for France this evening, but it might be slightly different next Saturday??

[/quote]

It better be - what a week end it's going to be.......[:D]

Oh what a match !! I had a FANTASTIC time tonight.. I supported our blue guys sio much they couldn't lose!! [:D]

I was sitting on the edge of the sofa, yelling, even the dog barked !! [:D]

Was Brilliant !!

WE DID IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next saturday   yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh   [;-)]                                     [:D]

Now that was a display of balls and determination. The sad thing is we are going to lose next weekend. By that I mean that one Northern Hemishpere team will beat another. How convenient is that.

Great display tonight. In general I thought the refereeing tonight was pretty good. Usually they come in for a lot of slack but they were pretty with it tonight (save, perhaps, the slightly forward looking pass to Michelak) but then who cares ........................ 

[IMG]http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r20/regine79/rug_12.jpg[/IMG]

I will keep wonderful memories of that match ...and the party we had afterwards !!  [:D]

[IMG]http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r20/regine79/rug_40.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r20/regine79/rug_11.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r20/regine79/rug_2.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="UlsterRugby1999"]

Now that was a display of balls and determination. The sad thing is we are going to lose next weekend. By that I mean that one Northern Hemishpere team will beat another. How convenient is that.

Great display tonight. In general I thought the refereeing tonight was pretty good. Usually they come in for a lot of slack but they were pretty with it tonight (save, perhaps, the slightly forward looking pass to Michelak) but then who cares ........................ 

[/quote]

Having read some of the posts of an NZ site I suspect that the All Backs are catching the English diseases

1. whining about the ref

2. unable to change from plan A despite it not working.

BTW I would not have described the refs as pretty but if that's what floats your boat ...............

John

not

[quote user="Iceni"][quote user="UlsterRugby1999"]

[/quote]

Having read some of the posts of an NZ site I suspect that the All Backs are catching the English diseases

1. whining about the ref

2. unable to change from plan A despite it not working.

BTW I would not have described the refs as pretty but if that's what floats your boat ...............

John not[/quote]

Quite amazing how people still seem to want to slag off England, and yet despite it all we are still in it. Interesting conversation with a welsh colleague at work after wales were knocked out.  went along the lines of you are nowhere near good enough to beat the aussies, then you won't get past NZ, now its the french are too good for you.  sad reality is that he is a saddo england hater full stop.  Difference between me and him, is that i will as an englishman support england no matter what, hell or high water, good bad or indifferent and in teh face of all who stand before us/me, he supports wales only when they are winning  (what a patriot)

[quote user="UlsterRugby1999"]

Sorry raindog but you must be having a laugh.

There was no aspect of that win that can give you the impression that Australia are going to lose to England. Tonga were woeful in the breakdown, in the loose, in the lineout (for which they did not challenge one English lineout) their scrum was ok (ish) they dropped more ball than they caught and they kicked away more hard yards than they won in the whole year.

For England to win in Marseille, they need to up the ante 300% and I dont think they have it.

That said, Nick Easter was immense. Corry (for whom I have no love) is the true bulldog but ................ what else ??????

If England play lackluster like that against the Wallabies - God help you. And remember, they are out for blood for the 2003 final is still

[/quote]

What they are out for and what they got were, well two decidedly different things.........must be awful not having a national side good enough to support, and having to play down a fellow home nations team in order to feel better.......why isn't this independence lark really working!!