Masonic Lodges

WendyG

Hmmm - but googling 'Senior policeman want to investigate Masonic lodges' brings up results that are 14 years old....

I suspect that Masons are like any other group, if you know someone who is in the same group as you, whatever it may be, you tend to favor them, all be it unwittingly.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Quillan"]Exactly RH and when they ask for information and its given you are told your wrong so whats the point, best left well alone. Frankly after following the factual press over the last year I would be more concerned about a catholic priest knocking on my door than I would a mason especially if I had kids. [;-)] Now theres a real life conspiracy ever there was one and it's not theory either. [:D][/quote]

Paedophilia is wrong wherever and however it occurs. To use it to knock the catholic church and make masons look good is disingenuous and an outrageous comment taken out of context.

I realise that in every pro-Masonic post there must be a reference to a conspiracy but that takes the biscuit.

Try Googling for UK replies - masonic involvement in paedophilia - and you will get 17,600  replies, do the same for catholics and you get 252,000. It would be trite to say I wouldn't want a catholic or a mason to knock at my door if I had kids. All paedophilia is terrible and should be stopped.

I am not a catholic but I think I might get the ear of the Pope more easily than whoever is the top Mason today.

I am stunned that Quillan would make such a comment -  he may well prefer to withdraw it.

Paedophiles seldom come knocking at the door. Usually they are family members or somebody known to the family, particularly somebody in a position of trust. I don't doubt that some masons might be paedophiles, but I doubt that anybody would give them access to their children because of their masonic involvement, like, say, a priest or a scoutmaster might have access to children.

Well Dog if everything you say is true (which is isn't) then moving abroad is not going to make a difference. With all their powers and high ranking officials all over the world in their pocket I am sure they would have no trouble finding anyone. You have told us your history in the past, although difficult at times as it is to distinguish truth from fiction, and you were 'screwed' by somebody who you later discovered or even possibly knew at the time was a mason. You likewise described how you and your 'friends' went out of the way to take the P*ss out of masons at any opportunity. I think your problem is more down to possibly your own failings and looking for somebody to blame and feel that mason's make an easy target.

The only thing I can agree with you on is that "All paedophilia is terrible and should be stopped". As to the rest of your garbage, well its probably best you stick to subjects you know something about.

As to my comments about catholic priests well its been in just about every newspaper and news program world wide and even the Pope has had to admit its happened.

Have a nice evening and don't forget they could be out there watching you but I doubt it. [:D] [;-)]

[quote user="Quillan"]

Well Dog if everything you say is true (which is isn't) then moving abroad is not going to make a difference. With all their powers and high ranking officials all over the world in their pocket I am sure they would have no trouble finding anyone. You have told us your history in the past, although difficult at times as it is to distinguish truth from fiction, and you were 'screwed' by somebody who you later discovered or even possibly knew at the time was a mason. You likewise described how you and your 'friends' went out of the way to take the P*ss out of masons at any opportunity. I think your problem is more down to possibly your own failings and looking for somebody to blame and feel that mason's make an easy target.

The only thing I can agree with you on is that "All paedophilia is terrible and should be stopped". As to the rest of your garbage, well its probably best you stick to subjects you know something about.

As to my comments about catholic priests well its been in just about every newspaper and news program world wide and even the Pope has had to admit its happened.

Have a nice evening and don't forget they could be out there watching you but I doubt it. [:D] [;-)]

[/quote]

Just love the truth put downs - these sort of comments keep the punters laughing.

Your personal attack is hilarious and a laughable poor one at that - I must be Ba Ba the elephant.

I love the invective ...  'screwed'  - I never said that, and  I have never said my 'friends' and I took the urine from Masons.

Do not forget you admitted that all masonic teachings wers based on lies.

I think perhaps you mistake is that you assume complete superiority.

As usual the Masonic line is so askew from reality and fails to see its own failings and wrongs and seeks to find scapegoats to misguide and draw enquiring eyes away from it.

I wish you a good evening and offer help to get you away from this cult you got mixed up in should you ever see sense.

Just how you can deny that Masons have not been involved in paedophilia is confounding.

Top marks though for not suggesting a new conspiracy and for trying to scare me into feeling insecure in my chateau.

Wouldn't it be nice to get some straight answers for once not just keep changing the subject.

It must feel good to be able to be so rude and get away with it - I am starting to enjoy being roasted by masons.

Unfortunately Dog you don't have much of a memory.

"My company policy was that any Mason that was on our premises would be ridiculed." (07/01/09 - 20:32)

"My company policy was to ridicule Masons as they are mostly pompous people that think they are important and owed a living." (09/01/09 - 15:30)

"It was my own company I owned it. I have explained that my policy of ridiculing Masons came from the repeated experiences I received from the people that exist within this organisation." (12/01/09 - 15:12)

"Having spent much time effort and money chasing a debtor (£32,000) through various courts it ended up that I would have to take him to the high court in London. This was going to be very expensive and I was pondering how worthwhile it was going to be when a firm of lawyers contacted me and said they had clients that would pay half my fees!

Very strange I thought - who, why? I asked.  The lawyer said I cannot tell you but off the record it is XYZ. Turned out the Masons wanted this fellow off his premises so they could have it.

I spoke to my lawyers and got them to talk to the other lawyers to make sure it was a genuine and binding offer. All OK - so went ahead. I won't bore you with the outcome of the courtcase but I eventually got a penny in the pound. In due course I got a very large bill from my lawyers - phew I said at least I am only paying half. Sorry my lawyer says the other party have withdrawn their offer!" (12/01/09 - 15:12)

The figures in brackets are the dates and times of your posts.

Looking back through the old posts you have been given straight (and correct answers) in the past but have declined to accept them calling them lies so why should anyone both to answer anything now, its pointless exercise with you. I shall leave it at that and not post further on the subject because as you say you only ridicule (or in other words take the p*ss) so there's little point. I am sure you will be a keen as ever to get in the last word.

[quote user="NickP"]

Gluestick wrote "Sorry: I totally fail to understand what you are talking about vis a vis "racism"?

What on earth and where on earth does this figure"

My comment was about  implied racism.

Your comment was

"One comment, however is demanded: if these two members had banged on in this and any number of other threads as they have, excoriating persons and groups of persons and an organisation in the manner they have, and that group had been, say Muslims, Jews or Homosexuals, then understandably, the forum publishers and the writers would probably have been charged with Hate Crimes under current UK and french law."

In my opinion you are implying that the two people involved were acting in a "racist type" manner. If not, why mention Jews & Muslims, you also chucked in homosexuals another cheap shot. After all the other persons never mentioned any of these, their gripe was about masons. 

[/quote]

Sadly, you have fallen into the present trap, of populist abuse of the English language: wherein when and where anyone dares to criticise left wing liberal nonsense, they are instantly labelled with pejorative epithets, sobriquets and labels.

If you care to examine the Criminal Justice Act amendments, in which "Hate Crimes" were defined in statutory law (Which generally follows European Law since this is paramount), then you would see that a "Hate" crime can flow from comments, attacks, and scurrilous denegration of a person, an institution and or their/its  religious faith and etc.

Some of you people have racism on the brain: if you stand aside and consider the matter then you will see for example, that a Muslim, for example can be a member, ethnically, of any race on the planet. Religious Hate Crimes have nothing whatsoever to do with race: anymore than do homophobic hate crimes.

And furthermore, Freemasonry embraces people of ALL races and the majority of religions and faiths, as equals.

Shame we cannot say the same pertains in society generally.

Gluestick wrote.

Sadly, you have fallen into the present trap, of populist abuse of the English language: wherein when and where anyone dares to criticise left wing liberal nonsense, they are instantly labelled with pejorative epithets, sobriquets and labels.

If you care to examine the Criminal Justice Act amendments, in which "Hate Crimes" were defined in statutory law (Which generally follows European Law since this is paramount), then you would see that a "Hate" crime can flow from comments, attacks, and scurrilous denegration of a person, an institution and or their/its  religious faith and etc.

Some of you people have racism on the brain: if you stand aside and consider the matter then you will see for example, that a Muslim, for example can be a member, ethnically, of any race on the planet. Religious Hate Crimes have nothing whatsoever to do with race: anymore than do homophobic hate crimes.

And furthermore, Freemasonry embraces people of ALL races and the majority of religions and faiths, as equals.

Shame we cannot say the same pertains in society generally." 

Considering you were not going to say any more on this subject, you have surpassed yourself gluestick. you must have been up all night researching all those big words.  You are now accusing me of being a left wing liberal, Hmm, I can't work that out?  But then maybe in a couple of weeks time when I have researched your essay I may try and understand your thinking. But as you are a person who always seems to use twenty words when one is sufficient, it is unlikely. [:P]

I think it's time we reported this thread to the Plain English Campaign http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/

If we had a competition to judge the most ridiculous phrase perhaps this one would win

"Sadly, you have fallen into the present trap, of populist abuse of the English language: wherein when and where anyone dares to criticise left wing liberal nonsense, they are instantly labelled with pejorative epithets, sobriquets and labels."

Labelling someone with a label : really, Gluestick you 'could do better' as the old-fashioned teachers used to say

[quote user="NickP"]

Gluestick wrote.

Shame we cannot say the same pertains in society generally." 

Considering you were not going to say any more on this subject, you have surpassed yourself gluestick. you must have been up all night researching all those big words.  You are now accusing me of being a left wing liberal, Hmm, I can't work that out?  But then maybe in a couple of weeks time when I have researched your essay I may try and understand your thinking. But as you are a person who always seems to use twenty words when one is sufficient, it is unlikely. [:P]

[/quote]

Shame you are unable to read and comprehend English.

To clarify: you have been brainwashed by left wing claptrap: and have slavishly copied it.

Without firstly bothering to consider meaning and usage of words.

Simple enough now?

[quote user="Polly"]I think it's time we reported this thread to the Plain English Campaign http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/

If we had a competition to judge the most ridiculous phrase perhaps this one would win
"Sadly, you have fallen into the present trap, of populist abuse of the English language: wherein when and where anyone dares to criticise left wing liberal nonsense, they are instantly labelled with pejorative epithets, sobriquets and labels."

Labelling someone with a label : really, Gluestick you 'could do better' as the old-fashioned teachers used to say
[/quote]

Pity, Polly, you are unable to distinguish between a Phrase and a Sentence, really.............

[Www]

Polly change     left wing        for       Freemasonry - and Bob's your uncle. Pots, kettle, black    or      kettle, pot, black            Same tactics.

Wouldn't be nice if one just got a bit of honesty. No elephant here (well I have put a bit of weight on, it is true) - many of the people I will meet in UK during our visit will be Masons, and it will all be very friendly, I can assure you.

[quote user="Swissie"]Polly change     left wing        for       Freemasonry - and Bob's your uncle. Pots, kettle, black    or      kettle, pot, black            Same tactics.
Wouldn't be nice if one just got a bit of honesty. No elephant here (well I have put a bit of weight on, it is true) - many of the people I will meet in UK during our visit will be Masons, and it will all be very friendly, I can assure you.

[/quote]

Have you asked any of your masonic friends any of the questions for which you would like a bit of honesty? If you have a list of questions and want to PM me I will quite happily try and answer them. I am also sure you are aware that there are quasi masonic lodges which have nothing to do with real Freemasonry. If your interested in English masonry then you should speak to members of any lodge which comes under Grand Lodge of England, all others are not recognised in England. Likewise if you want to talk to somebody about French masonry then you should do likewise but with the Grande Loge Nationale Française. As far as the 'rules' of Freemasonry are concerned they have been in the public domain since 1723 and you can read them online HERE alternatively you can buy a copy. Failure by masons of breaking these rules will result in some form of penalty depending on the seriousness which can include exclusion from your lodge and in worse cases (like criminal prosecution) from Freemasonry in general. Lists of who have been excluded each month can be found in the magazine Freemasonry Today which is in the public domain (i.e. you don't have to be a mason to get a copy). Likewise if you want to see a list of who the senior masons in England are then its published every year, in the pubic domain again, and its called The Masonic Year Book. You can then of course search the Internet to find out if they have been up to any skulduggery if you so wish. If you want a list of all English lodges, where they are and how to contact them then there is a directory published every year, again in the public domain, called the Directory of Lodges and Chapters. Each lodge obviously gets a free copy of each of these books and anyone else wanting a copy will of course have to pay for it. As for the secrets of the 'rituals' again these are in the public domain and copies can be bought from either of the two masonic shops in London and again you don't have to be a member to get one. I assume there are masonic shops in France where you can by the same sort of books. Other than that I can't thing of anything else. People may say that these books etc are created for the public and do not hold correct information and that masons have a different copy, well thats not true and I should know. The books you buy in the shops (or online) are the reference point for all masons.

Swissie, you keep asking for honesty and when people are honest you don't seem to believe it, it's all a bit pointless isn't it ?

Next time you are in the UK why not try a library for somme of the books Q has mentioned and go from there ?

Frankly IMHO there are bad apples in every barrel, you were a teacher and some of them aren't exactly Snow White now are they, but we don't berate you for it.

[quote user="Russethouse"]

Frankly IMHO there are bad apples in every barrel, you were a teacher and some of them aren't exactly Snow White now are they, but we don't berate you for it.

[/quote]

Well your right there RH. It would be silly to deny that Freemasonry has not had its share either and if and when discovered are thrown out just as in the same way as other organisations and professions and it really does happen, the proof is there if you go and look. Trouble is you all get tarred with that same brush. A good example was the thread on Romanians recently of a minority giving all a bad name.

What I don't understand is why people don't just do a search on Google. When someone mentioned masonic charities earlier in this thread I did a Google search and now I think I know as much about them as I need to.

Hoddy

Well; that puts me in my place, left wing uneducated numpty who has been brainwashed. I feel sorry for gluethick, he has to share a forum with people like me who are quite obviously are not up to his standards. Still, can't stay here chatting, I'm just off to the shops to get some new fishing hooks [:D]

[quote user="Quillan"]

Unfortunately Dog you don't have much of a memory.

"My company policy was that any Mason that was on our premises would be ridiculed." (07/01/09 - 20:32)

"My company policy was to ridicule Masons as they are mostly pompous people that think they are important and owed a living." (09/01/09 - 15:30)

"It was my own company I owned it. I have explained that my policy of ridiculing Masons came from the repeated experiences I received from the people that exist within this organisation." (12/01/09 - 15:12)

"Having spent much time effort and money chasing a debtor (£32,000) through various courts it ended up that I would have to take him to the high court in London. This was going to be very expensive and I was pondering how worthwhile it was going to be when a firm of lawyers contacted me and said they had clients that would pay half my fees!

Very strange I thought - who, why? I asked.  The lawyer said I cannot tell you but off the record it is XYZ. Turned out the Masons wanted this fellow off his premises so they could have it.

I spoke to my lawyers and got them to talk to the other lawyers to make sure it was a genuine and binding offer. All OK - so went ahead. I won't bore you with the outcome of the courtcase but I eventually got a penny in the pound. In due course I got a very large bill from my lawyers - phew I said at least I am only paying half. Sorry my lawyer says the other party have withdrawn their offer!" (12/01/09 - 15:12)

The figures in brackets are the dates and times of your posts.

Looking back through the old posts you have been given straight (and correct answers) in the past but have declined to accept them calling them lies so why should anyone both to answer anything now, its pointless exercise with you. I shall leave it at that and not post further on the subject because as you say you only ridicule (or in other words take the p*ss) so there's little point. I am sure you will be a keen as ever to get in the last word.

[/quote]

As you have access to deleted posts I am glad you have done the homework for me and proved yourself to have incorrectly quoted what I said.

I stand by all the above as being true.

Thank you for proving me correct.

It is very kind of  you.

I would like to draw your attention to that fact that you have again misquoted me and suggest that I use foul language. This is completely untrue and a deliberate attempt at besmirching my reputation.

Could you repost your comment about freemasonry being based on lies as I forget the exact context.

Thanks.

[quote user="Gluestick"]

[quote user="Polly"]I think it's time we reported this thread to the Plain English Campaign http://www.plainenglish.co.uk/

[/quote]

Pity, Polly, you are unable to distinguish between a Phrase and a Sentence, really.............

[Www]

[/quote]

That's ripe coming from the gentleman that in an earlier post misused  'your' and 'you're'.

[quote user="Gluestick"][quote user="NickP"]

Gluestick wrote "Sorry: I totally fail to understand what you are talking about vis a vis "racism"?

What on earth and where on earth does this figure"

My comment was about  implied racism.

Your comment was

"One comment, however is demanded: if these two members had banged on in this and any number of other threads as they have, excoriating persons and groups of persons and an organisation in the manner they have, and that group had been, say Muslims, Jews or Homosexuals, then understandably, the forum publishers and the writers would probably have been charged with Hate Crimes under current UK and french law."

In my opinion you are implying that the two people involved were acting in a "racist type" manner. If not, why mention Jews & Muslims, you also chucked in homosexuals another cheap shot. After all the other persons never mentioned any of these, their gripe was about masons. 

[/quote]

Shame we cannot say the same pertains in society generally.

[/quote]

Gluestick you really must be kind enough to elucidate me as to how your weasely, carefully written comments regarding hate crimes and the all embracing arms of Masons are to be regarded in relation to the Catholic Church the largest Christian denomination in the world? 

Am I mistaken in thinking your comments could be construed to be hipocritical?

[quote user="Dog"]

I would like to draw your attention to that fact that you have again misquoted me and suggest that I use foul language. This is completely untrue and a deliberate attempt at besmirching my reputation.

[/quote]

It was my word not yours but it means the same thing, your just playing games yet again. Just to put you right yet again...

"To take the p*ss is an expression meaning to mock, tease, ridicule or scoff." (Source OED)

I just wonder how long you would have continued to lie and deny had I not known exactly what you said?

Smoke and mirrors comes to mind, yet again.

Apologise to you, of course I would (however much I despise you) but only if you were right and I were wrong. So in this case you have a long wait.