Im thinking of giving up the gites.

dave21478

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually one of the restaurants opening in the area is useing a recipe of mine on their first night menue.

It is not so much a matter of showing and offering one's talent but identifying quality and execution of combinations of flavour,texture and utalising  time in an organised manner....this comes with practise,enthuisiasm and a little respect.Respect feeds the passion to carry on with everything in life!

Not everyone wants to be or can be a good chef.....just like not everyone is interested to learn the knowledge of cumputors.....or accounts...or law.

• 2 weeks later...
Its quiet.

Too Quiet.

Guests come.

Guests go.

They pay their money.

I clean their piss off the toilets.

Everything is ticking along quite nicely.

*puts on his tinfoil hat and awaits the next incdent/anecdote/catastrophy.

In other news, Remember several pages back, I said I would be leaving here at the end of this summer? well, it seems that plans have changed somewhat. Out of the blue, I have been offered a second job that I intend to do alongside this Gite nonsense. Did anyone watch The Fast Show on tv? remember the sketches with the lord of the mannor and his gardner/groundsman Ted, who was always complaining of the drainage in the lower field? well, I will be Ted, and the lord of the mannor is the owners of a nearby Chateau. Duties are to include tending the grounds and rennovation of the 3rd floor, which is pretty much gutted. The pay is outstanding and working hours are as flexible as I like. I was really quite keen on leaving this region, and I suppose I still am, but when you get right down to it Im a greedy, materialistic, consumerist weasel and I couldnt turn down the money!

Ted was never the same after being told by the lord of the manor via the fruit game in the pub that his wife had died[:(] But of course with all the extra money you could turn into the old man in the chair who was of course Very, Very Drunk![:)]

• 4 weeks later...
Typical isnt it? Nudists always seem to be the kind of people you would rather not see naked!

The woman in the small gite, when outside, wears nothing but a very small pair of bikini bottoms. Between gite, sun loungers, pool, bbq/outside kitchen and playing badminton with her family, there are only approimately 3 square inches of this woman I havent seen "in the flesh". And given the tightness of the bikini, those three inches dont require much imagination either. Sadly age, childbirth, gravity and a fondness of cake have not been kind to her figure.

However, one  the women in the other gite is very pretty indeed, and were she to choose to wander around in bikini bottoms, I would be delighted. Sadly, she chooses to keep a summer dress on, which is requiring much more imagination on my part. The few times she has gone into the pool, she has worn a swimming costume even the Victorians would have thought a bit on the conservative side.

[:(]

And therein Dave21478  lies a problem. Most men seem to crave a size 0 woman i.e for most skin and bones.  The reality is that we have had children and are not ashamed of that, At least you know what you're getting. By the time YOU have taken off the toupee, false teeth, and allowed your 'six pack' to return to it's normal position, who cares?  Beauty (male and female) is skin deep,  in the eye of the beholder. [:$]

[quote user="AnOther"]Well I can tell you britgirl that I for one, am not 'most men', I like a voluptuous women and I think if Victoria Beckett offered herself to me on a plate I'd pass.

OK, that bit's probably a lie [:$]

[:D][:D][:D]

[/quote]

Sorry Ernie,  can you clarify please: Victoria Beckham or Margaret Beckett?

There is one heck of a difference

[quote user="dave21478"]Typical isnt it? Nudists always seem to be the kind of people you would rather not see naked!

The woman in the small gite, when outside, wears nothing but a very small pair of bikini bottoms. Between gite, sun loungers, pool, bbq/outside kitchen and playing badminton with her family, there are only approimately 3 square inches of this woman I havent seen "in the flesh". And given the tightness of the bikini, those three inches dont require much imagination either. Sadly age, childbirth, gravity and a fondness of cake have not been kind to her figure.

However, one  the women in the other gite is very pretty indeed, and were she to choose to wander around in bikini bottoms, I would be delighted. Sadly, she chooses to keep a summer dress on, which is requiring much more imagination on my part. The few times she has gone into the pool, she has worn a swimming costume even the Victorians would have thought a bit on the conservative side.

[:(]

[/quote]

LOL

I think this could be the start of another chapter in your  "I'm thinking of giving up the gites" book.[:)]

Britgirl, Im definately not into the whole "size zero" look for women. If when lying on her back, a woman looks like a toast-rack with nipples, Im not interested. IMO women are supposed to have curves. Its the radius and location of the curves thats important though.

Well, I think I'll keep that to myself for now.

However, here is a questionnaire I came across.

Ladies, how would u describe your ideal man's physique?

Chose from one of the following categories (just use the letter), or if none describe it accurately enough, describe what you like:

A) Skinny/slender, but with well defined yet undeveloped muscles

B) Skinny/slender, but without much definition

C) On the athletic side of skinny, with well defined muscles that are more developed than a really skinny guy

D) Athletic: with well-defined and developed muscles like your typical Abercrombie & Fitch or Calvin Klein underwear model

E) On the beefier side of athletic, with defined muscles -- halfway between an Abercrombie model and a bodybuilder -- Someone who definitely hits the weights at the gym and works out a lot!

F) Athletic/fairly beefy with shirt on, but not much definition at all with shirt off. Slight belly.

G) On the flabby side of athletic. Typical football player build. Beefy, but definitely puts down the brewskis and pizza while on the couch watching the game!

H) Quite flabby -- no hint of muscles in sight! Linebacker on the football team!

I) Downright hefty (fat)!

J) Bodybuilder with huge, ripped, defined muscles

K) Bodybuilder with huge muscles but without much definition (bulky), with slight belly.

L) It doesn't matter what kind of body he has as long as he's tall

M) It doesn't matter what kind of body he has as long as he is average height (5'9") or taller

N) It doesn't matter what kind of body he has or how tall he is

Which are you, Teapot?

Which one is your favourite, ladies?