Im thinking of giving up the gites.

dave21478

To GD.... I'm with you GD, as are quite a few others. Dave21478 is a dreamer and has amused some, with very little else to do, over too longer period. He believes he is a legend in his own lifetime. This thread as he says is, from page one all about him and how he runs the Gites he manages for someone else.

Earlier in the year he announced he was leaving his caretaker job to move to new pastures(a loud cheer was heard) but of course due to "popular" demand he didn't, as suddenly he was offered further "couldn't refuse it" work and we have to continue to suffer his brilliant style of sarcasm as he makes us "all laugh" with his boring fictional anecdotes

The Gites he is caretaker for are always "full" just about all year round in spite of.........etc etc.

Now, various people will come on  and say how wonderful Dave scribbles are and of course that's there opinion.

Sarcasm grinds after a while so I'll kept this post short.

Steve

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Steve"]To GD.... I'm with you GD, as are quite a few others. Dave21478 is a dreamer and has amused some,

we have to continue to suffer his brilliant style of sarcasm as he makes us "all laugh" with his boring fictional anecdotes

Steve
[/quote]

As someone with several George East books on my bookshelf I am happy to continue to suffer [:)]

Exactly. When I read comments like Steve's I always assume that the poster is failing spectacularly in some way that causes him / her to resent the apparent success of the person they criticise - and, in this case, also disparage the members who read Dave's contributions. Otherwise, what on earth provokes the attack? Writing about gite guests - whether the stories are embroidered or not, are amusing or not - in itself should hardly provoke such a bileful response. Interesting.

[quote user="Steve"]To GD.... I'm with you GD, as are quite a few others. Dave21478 is a dreamer and has amused some, with very little else to do, over too longer period. He believes he is a legend in his own lifetime. This thread as he says is, from page one all about him and how he runs the Gites he manages for someone else.

Earlier in the year he announced he was leaving his caretaker job to move to new pastures(a loud cheer was heard) but of course due to "popular" demand he didn't, as suddenly he was offered further "couldn't refuse it" work and we have to continue to suffer his brilliant style of sarcasm as he makes us "all laugh" with his boring fictional anecdotes

The Gites he is caretaker for are always "full" just about all year round in spite of.........etc etc.

Now, various people will come on  and say how wonderful Dave scribbles are and of course that's there opinion.

Steve
[/quote]

Welcome back Ron!!!!!! [:-))]

[quote user="Steve"]To GD.... I'm with you GD, as are quite a few others. Dave21478 is a dreamer and has amused some, with very little else to do, over too longer period. He believes he is a legend in his own lifetime. This thread as he says is, from page one all about him and how he runs the Gites he manages for someone else.

Steve
[/quote]

Want some fish with those chips you're hauling around there Steve?![:P]

[quote user="Catalpa"]Exactly. When I read comments like Steve's I always assume that the poster is failing spectacularly in some way that causes him / her to resent the apparent success of the person they criticise - and, in this case, also disparage the members who read Dave's contributions. Otherwise, what on earth provokes the attack? Writing about gite guests - whether the stories are embroidered or not, are amusing or not - in itself should hardly provoke such a bileful response. Interesting.

[/quote]

For a heart-stopping moment I thought I must have posted a comment that I couldn't recall, I'm glad its another Steve .

...And then there is the moment when you are doing (probably) the last changeover of the season, you have a collection of lovely comments in the visitors' book and then the post comes and you have a ludicrous bill from RSI for money you don't owe them, which take the total demanded to more than you earned for the entire 2008 season... Oh and it's Saturday and you can't ring them up until Monday...

regards

L

Dry your eyes steve - Nobody is interested in your whining.

Spit it out - whats your problem? 43 posts to your name since 2007, and probably a third of them have been whinging and nit-picking about me and what I write.

This is either some excellent deep-cover Troll work, or you really just have a decent sized chip on your shoulder - jealousy perhaps?. I neither know, nor care.

Go on steve, enlighten us.

Oh la la, what it is to be a well-brought up gal who went to a convent school![:(]

No wonder I don't get the abscure, rude jokes.

Thanks RH, d***head indeed, reverend mother would have been mortified!

Talking about people called Head:  where is our Chris?

[quote user="dave21478"]Dry your eyes steve - Nobody is interested in your whining.

Spit it out - whats your problem? 43 posts to your name since 2007, and probably a third of them have been whinging and nit-picking about me and what I write.

This is either some excellent deep-cover Troll work, or you really just have a decent sized chip on your shoulder - jealousy perhaps?. I neither know, nor care.

Go on steve, enlighten us.

[/quote]

Jealous?? You've lost me............ Of you pretending to be a Gite owner? or you constantly getting cheap "laughs" from taking the ---s out of the people who pay the Gites owner who then pays you? Enlighten me dave . & please, please, make it witty.

There does seem to be a fixation about the number of posts people have done on this forum. A rounding on anybody who dares to question the reality of what is being posted or perhaps that doesn't matter.

It is not nit picking about a persons posts if that person accepts that they had been misleading in what they had written.

Absolutely  no chips on my shoulder. We've had a record year with our Gites, we are solidly booked through to March 2011 including Xmas & New Years and we are so popular and I'm such a great guy that they all agreed to pay in full, upfront. My book, entitled Truths half truths and darn right Lies comes out next year and the retainer alone  will allow me to buy a hotel on Mayfair & Park Lane.

Steve.

Why would I make this up?

seriously - think long and hard about this steve.....what possible motivation would I have to make up a years worth of comments about imaginary gites?

You misinterpreted something I wrote several months ago and have never managed to get past this fixation of me not owning these gites. I have never once claimed I was the owner and am perfectly happy to tell people that I run them for someone else, but you just cant accept this for whatever reason.

Bear in mind steve - I dont particuarly care what you think. Some random on the internet doesnt like what I write! well boohohohohoo. Im hardly going to be crying myself to sleep for the next few nights.

You say you arent jealous - maybe so, but your last paragraph there, to my mind, makes you sound like a sad, bitter sarcastic old fart who doesnt like it when someone else does something popular.

Get over it steve. Read my posts, or dont, Im not bothered either way, but quit your whining.