Our household has the flu

Kitty

Hi Sweet17,

The Doc said " Suspicion de grippe A , but may also be just gastro , or both " [blink]

The first question he asked is " is he back from the UK ? " [blink]

Anyway, I'm sick too, & can't sleep ..

But nothing worrying, I ll be alright, and G seems to be sleeping.

He still had temp last night, feeling rough, aching all over,  he couldn't eat , and had problems breathing before he went to bed.

Thanks for asking.. [kiss]

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, so sorry Frenchie - hope you all feel better soon. A high temperature is the only symptom that could indicate the flu - so if no high temp. you hopefully will all feel better soon. I have been coughing like mad for 10 days - started in the UK which was worrying as we had a little boy and a new born baby, as you know. Bonne chance.

Sweet17 - are you truly on the mend? I really hope so. Only joking about Mégève - it's a lovely place BUT most of the shops do not show prices on articles in window - I once went in a shop and asked about a jacket - the way the 'vendeuse' gave me the info definitely meant 'If you have to ask- you obviously can't afford it'. It is a really old resort where the 'crème de la crème' of Paris have been going over a Century, like St Moritz- very 'old money'.

Thank you for that Clair. Vive Sanytol!

Particularly interesting, in their products range, is this

http://www.sanytol.com/index.php?rub=6&ssrub=8

to be used as a disinfectant in times of epidemics

Edit: sorry everyone but on checking this link, although it is live, nothing happens!!

And now I can't even delete the post, I have gone over the time delay![:'(]

Link repaired by a mod [:)]

Frenchie, ça va?  It's a nasty business this flu so I hope you are OK.  Don't forget, take plenty of fluids and take lots of rest.  That goes for both of you.

Odile, I HOPE you aren't succumbing as well.  The cough is very irritating and makes you very tired.

If, OTOH, you don't mind being poorly for a short while, it's one way to shed some weight.  Plus, you lose your appetite and can't be bothered with food for days afterwards![:P]

They do say every cloud has a silver lining.  LOL 

Well my sons two school friends (and cricket team mates) have it, my nephew (who has three disabled children - so a little worrying) and then, yesterday, my bro-in-law was diagnosed...  Very glad we are escaping to Canada for a couple of weeks or so!!

My son probably s got it , he s lost his appetite, hardly has anything to eat..

A temp, sometimes difficult to breathe, pale, diarrhea, tired... aching limbs...

But I can cope at home, no need to go to the hospital the doc said, unless it gets worse, which I HOPE won't happen.

How he got it ?

Not a clue..

I wonder if it is possible to have it twice, since they say the peak of the epidemy will be in sept/october/ nov..  .. ( ???  )

Merci beaucoup Sweet..

I wonder how many people really got it now in France..

Since they only give the figures for " cas groupés" , and tested..

And you see, they didn't test my son, and no tamiflu, it is reserved to the most serious cases the doc said.............. 

You have my sympathy, Frenchie.  The doctors must have had some sort of directive to act a certain way.

As you know, my medicin just wouldn't even entertain the idea that I might have caught it.  She gave me antibiotics which, incidentally, I blame for making me feel very nauseous and didn't seem to have had any effect on the symptoms.

G, being a young, healthy lad will, hopefully, get over it quickly and, at least for you, it's the holidays and you can rest up without worrying about missing work.

Ha ha ha... this "Tale of Two Cities" that respond differently to the same menace.... could it, after all, have anything to do with the naming of the beast? "Swine Flu" sounds decidedly less refined and unsavoury than "H1N1 virus", or "Grippe A".

Perhaps renaming it in Britain could prevent panic.[:)]

This being said, it is customary to poo-poo that sort of thing in France, remember Chernobyl, where all other countries were having problems with fall-out, except France.[Www] ... So there is quite a French tradition of germs and general nasties stopping at the border...Would they dare entering French territory? Of course not.

[quote user="5-element"]So there is quite a French tradition of germs and general nasties stopping at the border...Would they dare entering French territory? Of course not.
[/quote]

And it's nothing to do with adversely affecting the tourist industry, of course...

It is so difficult to know whether the press are whipping up panic or whether the population should have cause for concern.  When I read that Exeter City Council is thinking of opening up catacombs to store the dead, I can't decide whether this is prudent emergency planning or whether it is over-emotional reportage.

[quote user="Cendrillon"]http://uk.news.yahoo.com/blog/around_the_world/article/12818/

An interesting read,  sorry I still can't make this posting a link thing work [8-)] but I am sure someone else can.

[/quote]

I was amused at this line...

-- The massive spread of swine flu in Britain can only have occurred

through patterns of contact that are not the same as in France.

as a reason for the higher incidence in the UK!!  Surely with all the kissing the french do it should be the other way around!!

Best wishes for your recovery, Pierre.  But, if it's man flu, it might linger on a bit and could take rather more than a few days.

So, make sure you have the TV remote control handy, the paracetamol, cough medicine, the alcoholic drink of your choice, the man-size tissues, the books you've wanted time to read, etc. etc.

But, hey, why'm I telling you all this?  I bet you have it all off to a fine art already!

so its the middle of the night cant sleep

boiling hot one minute and freezing the next, head about to explode. this is just so much fun - not. very busy time at work these next few weeks so i'll have to go in very soon.

Barchester chronicles comming up on BBC7, if that doesnt send me off to sleep nothing wil.

sorry im rather rambling. I really hope that no more of you guys/gals get this, its orrible.