New Orange internet deal: Starts TODAY. 37 euros, - including line rental.

Just to let everyone know. From today, if you're a new customer or out of your first year's contract. Orange.fr are doing an all inclusive broadband, phone & TV deal for a total of 37 euros.

It includes:

Line rental.

Up to 8mb broadband.

Orange TV (you need to install a sat dish for this, of course).

Livebox VOIP phone WITH FREE ANYTIME EUROPEAN CALLS.

Nothing else to pay.

I've just chaged my existing deal. And at the same time, the english call centre guy discovered that my line speed can be increased from 0.5mb to 8mb. I was amazed that they do that automatically as your local exchange is upgraded. But they don't. Whatever you 'sign up for' originally is what you get, - until YOU ask them to increase it. Bit annoying because I signed up for their minimum (2mb), - but at the time my fasted local line speed was 0.5mb. So that's what they've restricted it to ever since.

Hope this is useful to someone.

Howie.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes very useful thank you.We are moving to our French property next week and I am trying to book an appointment now, before leaving the UK for our phone/internet to be connected. Hoping to be on line PDQ. I assume I contact the English line as listed in the helpful bits at the top of the forum?

Lulu

Howie - not far from you on either side of the Channel!

I too changed to this deal today. I thought my previous formula would automatically change on 1st July and telephoned to confirm this. I was told the July change was only for Net +, not any older formula such as net.

The unlimited calls are for 100+ countries, including Europe, USA, Canada, Australia.

I pay approx. €50 per month because of calls I make to England, in future I shall pay €37.90 (€34.90 + €3 livebox). For me this is a good deal.

Susan

And when SFR goes wrong like it did in the area serviced by Quillan it took a day short of 3 weeks for it to be repaired. Its all the talk at the Boule club and many have moved to Orange. Takes a long time to build up a good reputation and only minutes (or in this case 3 weeks) to loose it.

[quote user="Quillan"]And when SFR goes wrong like it did in the area serviced by Quillan it took a day short of 3 weeks for it to be repaired. Its all the talk at the Boule club and many have moved to Orange. Takes a long time to build up a good reputation and only minutes (or in this case 3 weeks) to loose it.[/quote]

Ha, I can beat that! Just taken BT nearly 7 weeks to reconnect my landline and internet line. Imagine how handy that was on the run up to emmigration to France!

[quote user="sueyh"]I was without a phone for five months with SFR!! But give them their due they did more than compensate me. Suey[/quote]

Would you like to share with us the terms and conditions of the compensation Suey, sounds very intriguing. [:D]

[quote user="Judie"]Does anyone know if you can keep your landline number with the Orange deal? I need it for business and if all calls are through the Livebox, then surely that means I lose that number.

[/quote]

You don't lost the landline number when you go to internet phone, I kept the same number and the phone has all the same functionality as before (all transfer to my moble, caller number display etc.)

It sounds exactly the same as us that you want to do Judie so I can confirm that you keep your old number. We bought a Siemens Gigaset AC260 cordless phone with two extra handsets. These were 'suggested' by Orange and we bought them from Darty because they were the cheapest. They are compatible with Orange, the button with an envelope on it connects to the Orange voicemail system, they tell you when somebody has called and hung up retaining their number so you can call them back and can be used as an intercom (Mrs Q uses it to order tea when working in the office). I am happy with the 280, the pack of 3 cost just under 70 Euros and the have very good range (they work all round my garden which is about 7,500m2). There is another version which uses the Orange SMS service to send and receive SMS messages as well as the other functions mentioned if your in to that sort of thing but I find it quicker to talk to somebody than bash out a text message.

That's why I asked the question. I changed the formula in my name to Net + 2010 and today received a contract and prelevement authorisation, with all the correct bank details printed, in my husband's name. They did this before when we went from a French Telecom landline and Internet to Internet VOIP only. It took 18 months and numerous letters to get the money back off them.

I telephoned FT/Orange to query this and confirm Orange would not take two payments from our bank every month. The girl assured me that "no, that will not happen" she told me they sent the contract to my husband because the telephone line (cancelled three years ago) is in my husband's name and the Internet is in mine.

I am not convinced and suspect I shall have to chase it up again when the bills come in.

Susan

This sounds a good offer but does it give me what I already have but for less outlay per month? I am so reluctant to change as I am terrified of having to have a french conversation with Orange if I get it wrong. (yeh I know I'm a complete wuss! been there done it and vowed never to do it again!)

At the moment I pay E49,90 per month ie 39,90 internet, 3,00 livebox, and 7 euros so that I can call england via the telephone to speak to friends/relatives for hours on end! I don't do VOIP as I don't understand what it's all about.

I've had my existing contract for around 2 1/2 years and quite happy with what I pay having had bills in the past of not far off 100 euros per month.

So are you saying I can get with this offer what I already have for 37 euros.

Thanks, Chris

Chris, yes you can have the same for €34.90 plus €3 for your livebox. This includes free calls within Europe, plus 100 other countries. This is with VOIP but Phone French Telecom on their English speaking line on 0969363900, you can ask about the options and change your contract with them. Competition has made them reduce the price of their options

[quote user="smd1"]Chris, yes you can have the same for €34.90 plus €3 for your livebox. This includes free calls within Europe, plus 100 other countries. This is with VOIP but Phone French Telecom on their English speaking line on 0969363900, you can ask about the options and change your contract with them. Competition has made them reduce the price of their options[/quote]

you can also change via your espace client if you want to do it online (in French of course)

espace client/ ma formule / changer d'offre and then choose.

Not all offers may be available this way, it depends on the current contact.

It may be worth waiting a few more months as they are due to change the offers again in late August and I hear that some more reductions may be in the pipeline....

Danny