BBC and ITV on the internet

I know this has been covered many times , but the ones I have tried have never worked.

Is there anyone on here who actually can get BBC and ITV on the internet ?

I can plug the rgb lead between my laptop and tv and watch movies I have recorded quite well.

Livestream if possible or catch up would do.

Vpn connection and a subscription works........easy for you to say .

Then you google it and read the horror stories ....lost connections , companies got your subscription then done a bunk , BBC change the goal post then the software does not work anymore.

I tried to get VPN and ended up with a virus on my laptop.....

Never found anything else. I did use Iportal for a while, but they introduced a subscription. Depending on what you want to watch, Isohunt may be your answer. This is a free download site.

[quote user="krusty"]

Then you google it and read the horror stories ....lost connections , companies got your subscription then done a bunk , BBC change the goal post then the software does not work anymore.[/quote]

Ok I know nothing.

Sorry that I tried to help. I wont bother again.

Off to watch BBC 4 on iPlayer..

[quote user="krusty"]"Well I think he did share it but nevermind.".... so what did he share ?, not useful information like you , a link and conformation that it works.

[/quote]

I confirmed that it works.

You didn't ask for a link, but you did dismiss me with the comment

'That's easy for you to say'

A more appropriate reply might have been

'Could you be a bit more precise' or 'Could you give a few more details'

In any case a simple google search on Vpn would have turned up everything you need to know, and I gave that clue for those who are neither too stupid or too lazy to follow it up.

Yet another person who confirms my half taken decision to stop being helpful.

[quote user="NormanH"][quote user="krusty"]"Well I think he did share it but nevermind.".... so what did he share ?, not useful information like you , a link and conformation that it works.
[/quote]

Yet another person who confirms my half taken decision to stop being helpful.

[/quote]

Praise the samaritan

Well I found one that gave me a free trial , and yes they do work.

It is concerning that they all have the get out clause that you should comply with who ever you connect to.

In the case of the BBC you should be a UK resident .....I suppose the the same goes for Sky but thousands of people are watching in France , Spain etc.

http://www.ukproxyserver.co.uk/default.asp

• 3 months later...
[quote user="krusty"]

Then you google it and read the horror stories ....lost connections , companies got your subscription then done a bunk , BBC change the goal post then the software does not work anymore.

[/quote]

The  vpn path  is a  good  one  and  I  use  it  daily.

A Virtual Private Network or VPN account should be used by all people

who download music, movies or if you want privacy on the internet. VPN

is about creating a tunnel over the internet. Each VPN tunnel is totally

anonymous on the internet and it helps to keep your activities on the

internet anonymous, private and secure. Your own service provider will

not even know where you have been surfing.

This is nothing really new and some free services do exist, but most are

not that stable nor reliable. You can’t really ask for help with a free

server. Most of the vpn accounts are pretty cheap these days and I use Noirvpn dot com. It does the trick for me at about 1 euro a week. So when I browse or  even download, nobody knows about it but me.

So if you upload, download or just browse, your actions are hidden. So I

would suggest a vpn account for all members here, like I the vpn I use.

It’s really easy to set up, they are helpful and discreet. and  very stable...

I am led to believe that the company you mention does not have a vpn server in the UK and therefore does not work with IPlayer. What the site is designed to do is hide your IP address for things like downloading music and video's. If you pay up and use this site to try and watch UK TV over the internet you will be disappointed. I am also led to believe that it is very difficult, if not impossible, to get a refund once you have found this out. Other than that, if you read the website front page it does exactly what it say's.

To be honest it's hard to see any real difference and I'm unconvinced of their claims of quantum speed improvements. A lot depends on the content of the web pages you visit, graphics are already heavily compressed so you'll gain nothing by Onspeed's servers trying to compress them again. Similarly speeds whilst downloading files in compressed .zip or .rar format will show little or no difference.