3 LNBs off one dish?

Hi all

In Uk we can  have multi LNBs running off one dish.  In France we were told "not in France".

We have a Triax dish with one LNB - UK multi-LNBs will not fit as fitting "arm" different size, is it possible to purchase a 3 cable LNB in France which will fit the Triax dish?   and how does the price compare with buying a dish and multi LNB fitting in UK.

Hope this all makes sense.

WendyG

Although LNBs supplied by Sky used to be a non standard fit designed for their own makes of dish,   I'm slightly surprised that there's a problem with your Triax dish and a quad LNB (an LNB with four fully independent outputs) as almost all the "collar" sizes are the same.

As it's dark I can't go out and measure mine,   but the circular neck of an LNB is gripped by the collar of the dish and that's about it.   Older Sky dishes had a different system where the LNB had a flattish stalk coming out of it that slotted into a narrow rectangular whole at the end of the dish arm.

Can you describe your Triax,  or better still put up a photo?

You can probably get an adapter to fit a quad UK LNB to your dish but I have seen quad LNB's in France which should work OK. Multiple LNB's are generally a bad idea and will almost always give you problems as they cannot all be in the 'sweet spot" of the dish at the same time and therefore will suffer from dropouts. Even in UK trying to run more than 2 LNB's is likely to be problematic.

I have a standard 60cm elliptical Sky dish with a quad LNB and only lose signal in the very worst of rain storms.

With prices being what they are though you might find it more cost effective to get a new dish and quad LNB from UK.

hi ok

I bought a Triax dish be it 6 years ago here in France €20 from the local brico and then put a UK  bought  Fleabay quad  lnb on it to run 4 boxes ... the bars to take an extra single lnb  are used to pick up an extra different satellite.......you do know you will need 3 sky boxes to run 3 tv sets ??

Dave

I fitted a quad LNB last year and it works fine.  Bought the thing from Amazon and although it needed a bit of jiggery-pokery (duck tape!) to get it to fit, I've had no signal drop-out since - cost about £12 delivered, iirc.  That is with a standard Sky dish (the mesh one which was fitted when I got the box six years ago.)  However, if I had somebody around who really knew what they were doing (instead of the local electrcian who did fit it for me), I would do as AnO suggests and replace the dish at the same time.

Hi

Thanks everyone for the helpful replies - sorry my original post was unclear - put it down to lack of technical know how|

I do ha ve 3 boxes which is why I want an LNB with three outlets, the difficulty being that an appropriate UK LNB appears to have a different "collar" to the Triax dish (about 10 years old) which is fitted.  However, I understand that this can be "got over".

WendyG