Whats your cat doing this morning

Bugsy

My dearly departed little black cat used to sit all day long aside mole hills in the garden only to be rewarded eventually by a catch.She had the patience of a saint and used to bring all her trophies to me,I do miss her so much and her father too who died just 50 days before her.

[quote user="RicandJo"]He's waiting patiently in the cattery in UK for us to collect him on Monday and drive hime to France.........can't wait.[/quote]

Good luck with that !!

Will he be coming for coffee on the 13th ?[Www]

I'd love to be there at your reunion with your cat!  I feel the tears prickling already.  Would be better than a Walt Disney.

Seriously, all the very best with catty and I do hope s/he likes the new home.  Anyway, got to be better than the cattery.

[quote user="RicandJo"]

If he still knows us.  Poor sod's been there since August..........[:(]

[/quote]

He'll know you ...... but will pretend he doesn't until you have fussed over him & spoilt him rotten.  Cats are masters of emotionally blackmail & will only stop the mental torture once he feels you have suffered enough (& he's had his fill of tasty morsels of salmon, chicken, ham etc.....) - at least that's what ours do!! [:D]

Mine ignores me too when I've been away, I'm convinced she knows what a suitcase is and she gets really ratty a soon as you get one out. 

She had a close call this week, she was vommiting blood and also passing blood in the urine, I thought that I would not leave the vets with her but after one injection she is back to her old self, and I mean old, 21 this year!!!  The vet was really sweet and said whilst we won't do anything to stress her out lets try one large shot of anti-biotics as although all symptoms looked like kidney's starting to fail it could equally be an infection, fingers crossed I'm hoping that she is through this issue, I guess at 21 every day is a bonus!

[IMG]http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc149/ahoward99/IMGP0509.jpg[/IMG]

Panda, he is adorable.  I had one his colour and Tom died at (we think) 20 or 21; he was a stray so we didn't know his actual age.  He had lymphoma; but for that I swear he had some years left to him as he was a very handsome, large and powerful cat.

Our other one, Timmy, was 18 and his death was the hardest of all in many ways as he was only ill for a few days and he was also my first ever pet.

Thanks Sweet17, but she's a she!  She too was the first pet I got after buying my first house, I was 21 so she has been with me through a great deal.  She is mewing away right now to be fed!  She hardly leaves the house these days though and I know I won't have her for years to come but after last weeks close call I think I will be ready to say goodbye when the day comes, she's had a great long life.

Sorry, Panda, for mixing up your cat's gender.  Should have read your post more carefully and not go rushing off to reply; got a bit carried away with feeling so sorry for her.

As you say, it's such a horrible time when they are ill and I don't care how old they live to, it's never ever old enough.

Well now he's running about sniffing every nook and cranny.  It was a long drive from Cornwall to Bristol, to Newhaven and on to Carcassonne but he was as good as gold.  We let him out of his box in the car and he curled up behind the passenger seat, in the footwell, and stayed there most of the way except for a few ours on Joanne's lap.

He's fit and well except for a bit of dandruffy coat, think he needs some oily fish to restore his omegas to a proper level, he probably hasn't been getting all his vitamins in the cattery.  No mice either......

Seems happy enough and beginning to settle ok. [:D]