It's a hard life being a cat.

ali-cat

A typical night in the Mr & Mrs ali-cat household. Our new wood burning fire is proving to be rather popular – unfortunately it leaves us wondering where to sit!!

About 6pm .......

[IMG]http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk325/markatards/Itsahardlife.jpg[/IMG]

....... 2 hours later

[IMG]http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk325/markatards/2hourslaterJPG.jpg[/IMG]

......... 3 hours later

[IMG]http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk325/markatards/3hourslaterJPG.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

... he was wedged up in front of her woodburner with a cloud of steam coming off his bum!  Apparently, he'd been cleaning his fur and it must have been the damp from his tongue....[:D]  [/quote]

LOL - I can just picture the scene ... magic SD.

Sue [:)]

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

Our old cat lives with our daughter back in the UK and she phoned the other night to say he was wedged up in front of her woodburner with a cloud of steam coming off his bum!  ....[:D][/quote]

We had a cat -  fairly long-haired it has to be said - who used to sit so close to the fire his fur would start to smoulder.  It was the smell that would alert us ... he, of course, wasn't in the least bit bothered.

But then again, he never was the sharpest knife in the drawer ...  Another trick was falling into the water butt and coming in soaking wet.  He seemed to find it all quite normal ...

Cheers

Craig

[quote user="suein56"]

[quote user="powerdesal"]Yonder grey one gets about a bit......not  [:D] [/quote]

The very fat, podgy one you mean? [:)]

Love the cats BTW.

[/quote]

Podgy!!!  Fat!!!  I'll have you know that Solomon is a lean, mean, hunting machine ...... when he's awake!!  Plus - don't forget a camera always adds about 5lbs!! [Www]   We assembled our Christmas today - but are leaving it undecorated until Ellie (the manic one) gets used to it & stops trying to climb or topple it!!  Someone please remind me why we have cats! 

[quote user="Âme"]Nice pictures. Sorry to hear about the fish.

Does this one belong to anyone?

[img]http://www.laviepyreneenne.com/img/flash.jpg[/img]

She's a tail-less village SDF who's managed to secure pole position, right in front of the poele, ahead of our six tabbies!

[/quote]

Oh Bless - she looks so at home; perhaps now you might consider having 7 cats instead of six.

Pretty please?

Sue

[quote user="ali-cat"]

Podgy!!!  Fat!!!  I'll have you know that Solomon is a lean, mean, hunting machine ...... when he's awake!!  Plus - don't forget a camera always adds about 5lbs!!

[/quote]

Ahhh, that's the answer then; if Solomon weighs 10lbs plus 5lbs add-on for the camera then that explains why he looks so chunky![;-)]

[quote user="suein56"]

Oh Bless - she looks so at home; perhaps now you might consider having 7 cats instead of six.

Pretty please?

Sue

[/quote]

Yes, we have taken her in fully. She moved into the barn in the Autumn, then ventured into the house as it got colder.  After a few days of, 'Where is that smell coming from?' we brought in a litter tray (she immediately started digging for Aus); she doesn't want to go outside for anything [Www], now that she's found a warm place. Tonight, I carried her to the food, which is always available, but outside, in the barn!

I think I'd like to come back as a cat, too. With the right cat-people, of course. [:)]

[quote user="Âme"]

Yes, we have taken her in fully. She moved into the barn in the Autumn, then ventured into the house as it got colder.  After a few days of, 'Where is that smell coming from?' we brought in a litter tray (she immediately started digging for Aus); she doesn't want to go outside for anything [Www], now that she's found a warm place. [/quote]

Excellent news; such a splendid end to a sorry tail (pun intended!![;-)])

We had 7 cats at one time - all of them amongst the lame, the halt and the unwanted and they were superb, splendid and gut-wrenchingly lovable; fortunately most of them lived to a good old age too.