new puppy not too sad any more

Mme poivre

What a terrible day.

We have had to do a very sad thing to day and have our little dog meg put to sleep as she had cancer, she had a good life was nearly 11 and loved by all.  As you can imagine we are all very upset.  [url=http://gallery33095.fotopic.net/c1428468.html]MEG[/url].

My husband  ( it is hard to see a man  cry)  is trying to take his mind off this by finding out how much it would cost to (all inclusive) to take a dog to and from france for when he decides to look for a new dog.

If there is anyone who could help with this information we would be grateful.

Judith

Judith, I am so sorry she looked a lovely little girl, they leave such a gap in your life dont they, I bet you had some lovely times together so hold on to those memories. My little Bichon has just been diagnosed with cancer of the mouth and I dare not think about it. love to you and your family at this unbearable time. our 2 Bichons have their passports ready for when the house is sold in the uk (if ever) and we make the move, we want to be able to bring them with us on visits back to the uk. It was quite staight forward just needs keeping up to date, the vet guided us through the process. (Hugs to you and yours)

Pauline

That is terribly sad, she looked such a lovely little thing.  My thoughts are with you, all animal lovers know what a hard time it is.

I don't know the exact price of the passport from your side, but you have to have the six month wait after a positive result to the rabies jab before you can take them back into the UK.  It's far too soon, but there is little Susie on here who needs a home.  She already has her passport for the UK and is spayed.

Judith, our deepest sympathy.  Meg looked like quite a little scamp and you have to think about the pleasure she brought to you both.  Sadly, with great love there is often great pain when they go ....  please know that we're thinking of you both and wishing you well.  Time does heal ..

I'm so sorry, it's very difficult to lose a friend. Our dog regularly travels to France with us and I wouldn't dream of going without her. You have to get them micro chipped, inncoculated and then have blood tests. The ferry company charge about a £30 fee for admin and it costs us 47 euro's to visit the vet before we come back to England, She has to have the booster jab every 3 years (if she lived in France it would be every year) I thinks it works out lot's cheaper than kennels although I wouldn't put my dog in kennels. I can't remember how much all the jabs and blood tests are as she was done many years ago when the scheme first started.

We are off to the Blue cross tomorrow to register for another dog, we will let Rosie choose it though!

Christine found our Charley for us within days of our dear old Ed leaving us.     It does not mean that we loved nor missed him any less by taking Charley home, but he filled a large void in our lives left by sweet old Ed.   Have a look at the little doggy Christine has pasted on her posting above - you can ease your pain and help this little soul too.

Oh you do have our sympathy.  We have been through this twice but on each occasion we were lucky enough to have already acquired a younger dog, so we had a reason to get up and go out for walks.  But I know just from the overlap days when we come home from a weekend visit to the UK and the dogs are at the kennels, no waggy tail and no licks and particularly with our Ridgeback, no nose in the groin - a common greeting from a Ridgeback apparently!!  Thinking of you.  Its early days but it is good to think about getting another.

Suey

So sorry - it is so hard to say Good bye- and it is also a brave thing to do before a loved animal suffers. We owe it to them not to let them suffer. I have only seen my OH cry once, and it was the day our old dog Pepper was put to sleep - I shall never forget. Thinking of you.

Odile

" If it should be that I grow weak, and pain should keep me from my sleep

Then you must do what must be done for this last battle can't be won.

You will be sad I understand, don't let your grief then stay your hand

For this day, more than all the rest your love for me must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years what is to come can hold no fears

You'd not want me to suffer, so the time has come, please let me go.

Take me where my needs they'll tend and please stay with me till the end

Hold me firm and speak to me until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time that you will see the kindness that you do for me

Although my tail it's last has waved, from pain and suffering I've been saved.

Please do not grieve it must be you who has this painful thing to do,

We've been so close, us two, these years, don't let your heart hold back it's tears. "

Thinking of you.. this verse helped when I had to put my dear Phoebe down, I hope it helps you.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello Everyone

We are still sadly missing our little meg and will for a very long time.  However, ariving back from france sunday, (only 24 hours ago, seems longer than that already) we had a new years present from my eldest daughter, rather through my eldest daughter, we have now aquired a new member of the family who needed a new home for various reasons, my OH was told about him before christmas but we thought it was too soon after meg, he went and looked at him yesterday and brought him home. 

We are now the proud owners of [url=http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=21jokes&s=5]Louis[/url] a 6 month old springer spaniel.  He has already crept into our hearts, he is very good natured, likes the cats and the kids and is already well behaved.  Of course he still needs a lot of training but hubby looking forward to that. We will never forget Meg as we have so many good memmories of her but this nutty, friendly, loving puppy will go along way to filling the gap that she left.

Judith

[IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/21jokes.jpg[/IMG]

Up until a few short weeks ago I totally rejected the idea of getting another dog after losing one but I have changed my mind completely.

It does help to ease the pain of the loss. Not to replace, of course, thats not possible, but it does bring a lot of laughter into the house after a time of sadness.

Well done Judith, enjoy.

Gary.

ps: opened the door to take him out this morning, he took one look at the snow and scuttled back inside and had a pee next to the cat litter tray [:D], thank goodness for stone floors.