Almost laughing.....

Acte finale de vente whatsit this evening at 6pm.  ALL our stuff is already in the new house.  What could possibly go wrong....

BNP transferred the pret money to the notaire on Friday, no problem there.  They were MEANT to transfer the rest today, Monday, but oh dear, they seem to have not noticed that they're not bl**dy well open on a Monday!!!!!  

Phoned the Montpellier branch (which IS open on Monday) to ask them to do it, but the transfer limit if it's not your branch is 8000 euros.  Doh.  Could they contact the notaire to assure him we have the money?  Yes, but the notaire can't read the e-mail from the BNP because it's got a virus.....

....and so it goes.  Just as well we have nice neighbours to sleep with. 

I see that you weren't off line long then!  Certainly not enough time to get the paintwork washed down.....!  Lucky you!

I'm not that keen on sausages, big or little.  Saying that, I got some out of the freezer the other day and just HAD to cook them yesterday so made sausage rolls.  Just had the last one two seconds ago.  All in golden brown ruff puff.  Now a nice bit of ruff.....  Forgot what I was going to say

Thank you for your good wishes, everyone.  We're in, we're settled (it's v small, so didn't take long to sort out!). 

Snotty note on the way to the notaire.  I can't mention his name, for obvious reasons, but it didn't take much to change it to Monsieur Tres Con.    

Previous owners were very good and left lots of bits and pieces, sorted the pool out before they left.   Interesting that they were here for about 3 years, but no-one knows them.  Time to start a thread on French people who don't integrate?   Or who don't integrate but do get divorced.

LOVE the modern kitchen with Italian tiles, zigzaggy lights and new oven and gas hob.  Not too keen on the electric gate with intercom whatsit, feels a bit unwelcoming.  But I have somewhere to put my cows.

Someone mentioned sausages - I'm not keen either, too many BITS in them, but when it's offered to you on a plate......

Ciao for now! 

• 2 weeks later...