Can't anyone stay in their own lane ??

Lori

Maybe it is due to the increased number of cars on the roads due to vacations, etc., but I am getting so tired of people who can't seem to keep their car in their own lane.  Granted, the roads in the countryside are not wide, but come on, they are sufficient enough.  I am forever nearly off my side of the road so as not to have a head on collision with an oncoming car.  

Great! A Mad Drivers Thread.

We were driving down a quite long, fairly straight but narrow country road. It was one of those roads where both parties have to slow down and drive partly on the verge. Saw from a distance a car approaching at high speed.

This young man really did not want to slow down so he carried on driving at the same speed, but along the verge. Just before he passed us, he hit a huge block of limestone hidden on his side by the grass, and his car nearly turned over.

(he was OK, but his car wasn't)

Yes the French do love to cut their corners both across the middle on L/H and on the verge on R/H, they also seem to have enormous faith that nothing is coming in the other direction when straddling the centre on bends, maybe as the roads fill up that will stop.  I have noticed, dare I say it, that driving standards over here have improved of late, perhaps it is due to increased Gendarmerie interest in the roads.

I have also noticed that the older drivers tend to drive in the middle of the road,  I can only put this down to the days when priority from the right was the rule and they drove down the middle to avoid accidents