THE MEDICAL EXAMINATION COMPULSORY FOR SENIOR DRIVERS

lerochers

During a trek up to the ferryport at Caen recently, I was working out how many pounds sterling I would need to convert to euros for the latest EDF fracture etc.

Then I started to convert how many Kms I had left to go in terms of miles. When wondering if the ratio of 5 / 8 still applied or if the mile had recently gone down against the kilometre that I realised that whilst tests for senior drivers might be a good idea - I needed to avoid them.

".......................................Then I started to convert how many Kms I had left to go in terms of miles. When wondering if the ratio of 5 / 8 still applied or if the mile had recently gone down against the kilometre that I realised that whilst tests for senior drivers might be a good idea - I needed to avoid them."

LOL !

[:)]

[quote user="Russethouse"]

I think all posts beginning 'What do you think' and 'Discuss' should be forbidden until members have a minimum of 25 posts.......

Discuss [:)][:)]

[/quote]

Sorry, but I can't agree with that....................it should be 24.

Discuss ?

[quote user="lerochers"]

With age appears alterations of sight,hearing,and reflexes.Many European countries submit there older drivers to undergo a medical.This could be applied in France.

What do you think.

[/quote]

Lerochers, welcome to the mad house!![:D]

They are all harmless, or relatively so and you will soon learn that I am the only sane one here [:-))][:-))]!?

I too agree with all/some of/nothing/something of the above. I just hope that if it does occur then I have understood the question [8-)]?

What the hell was the question anyway?

[quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]How about refining it even further, posters can post 'discuss' type questions, from post No 26 onwards, but only if the first 25 were actually about living in France![/quote]

Three of which should be about registering a car.

Two about finding an english-speaking dentist/hairdresser.

One about whether they should move, and finally,

One about moles.............................................

Belle, there have been a few posts like this lately & as it happens, they have also SHOUTED the title. Forgetting the latter, it's a very stange way to start posting on a forum.

Weegie, no problem, just pour yourself a whisky. [;-)]

BTW, I agree with most of the above, JJ's "I am the only sane one here " is a bit dodgy though! [kiss]

[quote user="Bugbear"]

[quote user="Tony F Dordogne"]How about refining it even further, posters can post 'discuss' type questions, from post No 26 onwards, but only if the first 25 were actually about living in France![/quote]

Three of which should be about registering a car.

Two about finding an english-speaking dentist/hairdresser.

One about whether they should move, and finally,

One about moles.............................................

[/quote]

Oh blimey Bugsie baby for cryin out loud don't bring moles into this!![:-))][+o(] Next thing we know Quillan will be joinin in wiv 'is shotgun?

JayJ I still recon that I'm the only sane 'ne 'ere. I'll bet you aint even goin' to bother to try to be wiv us on the 13th. Probably claim the limp excuse of 600 Km?[Www][6]

[quote user="Jonzjob"]Oh blimey Bugsie baby for cryin out loud don't bring moles into this!![:-))][+o(] Next thing we know Quillan will be joinin in wiv 'is shotgun?

JayJ I still recon that I'm the only sane 'ne 'ere. I'll bet you aint even goin' to bother to try to be wiv us on the 13th. Probably claim the limp excuse of 600 Km?[Www][6]

[/quote]

Or Megs will, with the save the moles campaign! [:D]

LOL! OK Jon. [Www] I don't know what's happening on the 13th, but I do have a limp & it's more than 900km. Put the 2 together & that's a limp excuse. [;-)]