Triangle and Gilet day

ams

White  van mans seat covers ....now   if we can get some printed with football club badges on for the lads and some frilly ones for the ladies  designed  there could be a bob or two to be made here .....designer floressance  could be all the rage !    Brico depot  get the triangle and the gilet together in the same red bag under 6 euros .....could not resist it so now have two !

[quote user="TWINKLE"]You will also be fined if the gilet is in the boot of the car.  [/quote]

Is that a threat or a promise? Perhaps I should hang a sign saying my gilet is in my boot[6]

I shant be losing a lot of sleep over yet another ruling.

What amazes me is how many of these have been sold in the run up showing how few people had them and have only bought them through fear of the new fines. Perhaps that is justification alone for the legislation.

I have carried them for years for my own personal reasons, I shant be moving them to inside the car, putting them over my seats or worrying about whether they have EU or NF numbers.

Like JR, we've carried fluo gilets in the cars for years but have no intention of draping them over the seats.  They'd get covered in dog hairs and hay and all the other muck that seems to find its way into the car. 

I like Frederick's idea of designer ones for boys and girlies.  Rose Barbie and violet ?

Hi!

It could be.

But not necessarily.

If you have a very touchy "gendarme", he could claim that it does not have the EC norm stamp.

Whereby normally it appears, you would not need one unless it was compulsory in your home country. But you will hardly find a gendarme who knows that.

Yours,

giantpanda

Europcar at Carcassonne airport said a short while back that they didn't have the m in their cars because they would get stolen!! All they would have to do is to charge the theft to the last people and take the money off their credit card.

I suspect that it has something to do with not wanting to spend anything on them?

One triangle, in the back, and 2 gilets, in the glove box, in our car and have been for a long time!!

I was told that the gilets were on show on the backs of seats so the nik niks could see that they were there. It doesn't make them look any better though!

Re the gilets on the seat backs, when the first rash of cars so bedecked started passing my house I thought that it was a p1key invasion!

To explain for those who may be confused, in England when these "gentlemen" turn up on your doorstep offering to tarmac your drive pretending to be the legitimate crew who is resurfacing the local roads, they always drive a 4*4 or similar with a yellow light bar, motorway maintenance sign and gilets over the seatbacks.

[quote user="Jonzjob"]

Europcar at Carcassonne airport said a short while back that they didn't have the m in their cars because they would get stolen!! All they would have to do is to charge the theft to the last people and take the money off their credit card.

I suspect that it has something to do with not wanting to spend anything on them?

One triangle, in the back, and 2 gilets, in the glove box, in our car and have been for a long time!!

I was told that the gilets were on show on the backs of seats so the nik niks could see that they were there. It doesn't make them look any better though!

[/quote]

Hertz had it in the boot of the one I hired last week, maybe this week it will make to the glove box!  I will see if Europcar supply me with one next week.

[quote user="Cathy"]I have the gilets over the car seats so that the gendarmes are less likely to stop me? Do I live in false hope?[/quote]

What's the offence then? Failing to have one in the car or failing to wear it in the appropriate circumstances?

p s I'm like J R in an earlier thread, I bought both my gilet and triangle years ago and have no intention of throwing away two perfectly good bits of kit just to go out and replace them with the same with current EU approval markings.