Don't buy windscreen wiper blades from the UK

Tom 58

Needed new wiper blades for my Mondeo and I like Bosch blades so I searched in Germany naturally, France and the UK. No great surprise when the UK was the cheapest but what I'd stupidly forgotten was wiper arms pivot differently on LHD and RHD vehicles. As a result UK Mondeo windscreen blades, although exactly the same lengths, don't fit European Mondeos.

Fortunately it was possible to trim the mounting blocks at an angle so that the blades would eventually snap into their holders and click tight... but it was a very close shave!

I had by dint of circumstances doing the buy cheap-buy twice (and 3,4,5 ..... times[:(]) thing with wiper blades and most of the cheap ones did not perform or last well although compared to the Bosch price I could change them frequently, then I tried some from Lidl and they are superb, really superb, probably made by the Bosch supplier as are their power sanders.

Forum now completely unusable in internet explorer, there is no longer a space to type a response just the title, smileys and a load of adverts, using Chrome the poxy background and the adverts leave but a tiny portion of the screen no larger than a mobile phone.

no doubt Another will enjoy my woe and say it could only happen to me.

I wont be using the forum any more because it wont let me, no changes made on my computer it worked as usual earlier and I have tried a reboot, sort it out Archant

[quote user="Chancer"]

I had by dint of circumstances doing the buy cheap-buy twice (and 3,4,5 ..... times[:(]) thing with wiper blades and most of the cheap ones did not perform or last well although compared to the Bosch price I could change them frequently, then I tried some from Lidl and they are superb, really superb, probably made by the Bosch supplier as are their power sanders.

[/quote]

Yep, another for lidl blades.

The Parkside tools are all made by Einhell and spares are available on their website

https://www.einhelltools.co.uk/cmspage.php?page_id=65

[quote user="Théière"][quote user="Harnser"]I think you will find that Lidl power tools are made by Einhell.

https://www.einhelltools.co.uk/cmspage.php?page_id=75

https://www.einhelltools.co.uk/cmspage.php?page_id=65[/quote]

Really, where did you learn that?

[/quote]

The two links that I posted to the Einhell uk website state that they make them under licence and refer to Lidl and their Parkside brand.

[quote user="Harnser"][quote user="Théière"][quote user="Harnser"]I think you will find that Lidl power tools are made by Einhell.

https://www.einhelltools.co.uk/cmspage.php?page_id=75

https://www.einhelltools.co.uk/cmspage.php?page_id=65[/quote]

Really, where did you learn that?

[/quote]

The two links that I posted to the Einhell uk website state that they make them under licence and refer to Lidl and their Parkside brand.[/quote]

No you completely missed it [:)]  I wrote the same thing just before your post [Www]

[quote user="Alan Zoff"]I have dismantled both a Bosch and a Parkside angle grinder and the innards were identical. I doubt someone called Parkside makes them for Bosch....[/quote]

No but someone in Germany called Einhell does.  The top end pro Bosch (Blue) will be their own but the ordinary green stuff is re badged.

The latest Einhell brushless motors are Mabuchi and they feature in some of the top names.

I have some Bosch blue tools where I have got through several others from cheap to brand names, SDS drill, angle grinders, probably others as well and they are all superb, I never thought that Bosch made the stuff for Lidl but rather their supplier, I am chuffed that it is a German company.

I have a Lidl sander, identical to and with the same part number PHS160 or something to the Bosch one, also a pressure washer which is a rebadged Karcher, both are superb quality and would be good value at twice the price.

I know they sell as much throwaway tat made to a price as anyone else but their hand and power tools have all been superb quality and value. The battery chargers are worth a mention, identical to the best recommended branded ones but a quarter of the price.

One superb product I bought from Lidl which I would like to buy more of but they havn't re-appeared yet are fold away guest beds (Zed Beds) Italian made, the best I have ever seen, really good mattresses and were only €30, worth 3 times that.

A great investment as well as they bring me in €25 per night!!!

If anyone sees them in the prospectus please let me know as the livreur cant be ar5ed to deliver the publicité to my road.

"If anyone sees them in the prospectus please let me know as the livreur cant be ar5ed to deliver the publicité to my road."

Lidl France have a website. All the forthcoming offers are on it - so you know when to get to your nearest Lidl store at half-past stupid o'clock in the morning so you can be first in the queue in front of the other gannets,

From experience-don't bother with a trolley, it just slows you down on the sprint to where you think what you want will be!

[quote user="alittlebitfrench"]We bought a sans fil vacuum cleaner from Lidl and it is crâp.

We bought some paint from Lidl and it is even worse.

Their processed food is awful. As is the wine and Biscuits. Well everything food related.

Their parklife tools are OK....ish.

Lidl......sells rubbish. Their prices make you think it is good.[/quote]

That really shows how uninformed you are.

Harnser said:

"so you know when to get to your nearest Lidl store at half-past stupid o'clock in the morning so you can be first in the queue in front of the other gannets"

ummm....you means alky's not gannets. They are first in the queue at stupid o'clock in the morning at our Lidl. I'm getting some milk and a plastic (but very cheap) chausson au pomme queuing behind teachers, priests, pompiers buying their extra strong Lidl lagers and paying in centimes. You have to be quick to get before them.

I see that Lidl have a Brico catalogue out this week. It is full of tools that have never been invented. They do things things that you don't need doing. But they are cheap and you convince yourself you need one because there is a good looking guy using one in the catalogue.