the-wifes-new-cooker

Dave&Olive

hi ok

just thought you might like to gaze your eyes on her new cooker . Runs on sawdust lasts for 6 ish hours on one filling and heats a kettle full of water in 8mins , our gas one can do it in 6 mins on the middle ring..

[IMG]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/daveolive/sawdust-burner/PDR_0067.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/daveolive/sawdust-burner/PDR_0070.jpg[/IMG]

Dave

I've seen one of those before!  There was a report about it on one of those 5 minute greener-living slots they put on French TV around evening news time

I think it's great Dave.  I might not want one in my kitchen, but it could stand beside my BBQ any time.

[quote user="BIG MAC"]any other matching appliances in that 'Range'?[/quote]

hi OK

now you mention it  .... working on a log burning one at the mo but the local scrap yards will not sell me a second hand brake disc for the heat exchanger , need a large commercial vehicle one , if anyone local has one ??

Dave   [geek]

Dave I think your wife's new cooker is the business!!! A serious effort to a greener lifestyle. Postie made our BBQ out of a gas cylinder - cut lengthways. He made an angle iron frame stand, got some weld mesh from the scrap yard & voila, a sturdy, robust BBQ that will last for years, eldest unmarried has now inherited it as we have a brick one in our Franch garden (doesn't have the same charm though & not as portable).

Olive's cooker does have a few limitations, so I take it you're having stew for Xmas dinner then!

Mrs Postie

Heard a story some while back on an American metalworking forum, probably an Urban Myth but it went like this.

A chap wanted to cut the top off an 'empty' propane cylinder and set about it with an angle grinder. To be a bit more comfortable he sat astride the cylinder (you can see where this is going).  When the grinder got through the wall of the tank, the sparks ignited the residual gas and BOOM.  He survivied but shall we say he won't be fathering any children [+o(]

Oh dear, I suppose that I will have to explain the obvious![:-))]

The 'lump of cementacrete' is the to make sure that this wonderful cooker is vertizontical! Otherwise the stew/Christmas dinner would spill every time it was stirred.

Some people need everything explained?[geek]

Like it Dave![8-|] Especially the colour choice!!

Edit :-   Have you thought of posting it on the Navitron energy saving forum? They REALLY like to see inovation in operation!