Have You Got a Bath in Your Bathroom?

Rich1972

[quote user="Théière"]

baignoire sabot

if you sat the wrong way round then the water comes up to your neck

[/quote]

[blink][blink][blink]My one is deep enough to have the water up to your neck sitting normally. Deeper than some?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a quick flick through all the 50 comments.  Other than Pads (just now), I don't think that anyone mentioned that if you have young children, a bath is a MUST.  You lot obviously do not have as many children as me but it's difficult to wash a 2-year-old in a shower (without getting wet yourself) and of course, when you have a few children, you put them all in the bath at once.

So if your gite is for family use, don't take out the bath.

[quote user="Théière"]

[quote user="Cathy"]  You lot obviously do not have as many children as me
[/quote]

Well said Old Mother Hubbard, [Www][:D]

Stand em in the shower and jet wash em [:D]

[/quote]

You made me laugh, Teapot.

On the subject of neighbours, as opposed to Cathy's children, OH always says, put her through the car wash!

[quote user="AnOther"]I can't imagine anything less inviting or satisfying and for me at least it's not a bath at all, just a sit down shower with a built in foot spa !

[/quote]

Yes, we had one when we arrived in our London flat 20 years ago - because they thought they could not get a full sized bath in.  You could, and we did!  Not the same thing at all, and if I tried to shower in it (in the square bit left for the purpose) I would fall over, as I never stand under the shower, I move along the bath ...).  For me its neither a bath (where I want to stretch out my legs) or a shower, so no-go.

And I agree with Kathy, with kids, you need a bath .... why spoil all the fun, boats and all......

• 4 weeks later...
A decision has been made [:)] I'm forgetting about the separate toilet, and going for the larger size bathroom, but moving the window across into the bedroom rather than blocking it up completely. To make it worthwhile I'm having a hydrotherapy bath installed. The toilet, bidet, bath, shower and wash basin are now all in the same room.

Thanks for all the suggestions and opinions!

• 2 weeks later...
In the cottage I am currently renovating there will not be a bath, only a shower. The cottage is only around 80m2 and space is an issue. Mrs Oldgit wanted one in the bedroom!! instead but I have convinced her that it might not be a good idea, particularly when we have our consuel inspection for the electrics. I would add that in our plans for our Barn renovation, I have allowed for 2 baths, one in the en-suite and one in the main bathroom. The barn conversion is approx 240m2/4 bedrooms and I think that in a house of that size that a bath (or two) is a must.

Well with the rubbish weather we have today - cold, damp, dark and miserable - if I had a bathtub I'd be in it up to my neck in bubbles, surrounded by candles, good books and a bottle of champagne. And I'd stay there, topping up the hot water until Spring arrives.

If you had the temperature we have in our bathroom , your stay would be about 5 minutes! As soon as we can we are replacing the bath with a shower - we have used the bath about 3 times in 7 years and now we are too old to hop in and out. Dangerous!!!!!!!! BUT my one luxury is to  have a bath when we stay in a hotel - no shower for me but a long soak, before a meal not cooked by me!

In England the  only use our bath has had was by our dogs - flea shampoo - and our Swedish grandchildren who only have a shower in their 4 bedroom house. But whatever blows your skirt up - sorry that was my husband's suggestion as I couldn't think of the english phrase