DIY book

greatguy

The book is 2010, as i can see the regs are up to date. Will it go bang with early edition of the french books, i do not think so. It's a new book, i suguest you buy it before you slag it off, or you scared of loss of work.

I AM HAPPY TO DO WHAT IT SAYS IN THE BOOK.

30 years of being electrician and i will go for this. I have heard about expats slaging other electicians off, so the work goes to them. Grow up, about time we had an French Electrical book in English.

Bobby

If you are a "Greatguy" and this is only your first 3 postings maybe you shouldn't go on the attack so early. No one has "slagged" it off just pointed out that regs do change just as they do in the UK 15th, 16th, 17th..........and therefore for your own protection to check that it is up to date. Of course if you were the author of such a great guide and were just using forum's to boost your Ebay sales you wouldn't want to upset people either.

The only time I hear expats saying bad things about sparks is when they try installing ring main circuits, twin & earth and UK socket faces to keep the Brits happy and fail the electrical examination.

Out of interest I did a search on Ebay and couldn't find this book. Was it a one-off item for sale secondhand?

I go with Anton's recommendation, or better still (for me anyway) this one https://www.eyrolles.com/BTP/Livre/l-installation-electrique-comme-un-pro-9782212125290 which many people here have recommended. Be sure to buy the latest edition because as already pointed out the regs change regularly. Of course the latter book is in French, but if you're living or doing work here you going to have to learn some French anyway! [;-)]

[quote user="greatguy"]

The book is 2010, as i can see the regs are up to date. Will it go bang with early edition of the french books, i do not think so. It's a new book, i suguest you buy it before you slag it off, or you scared of loss of work.

30 years of being electrician and i will go for this. I have heard about expats slaging other electicians off, so the work goes to them. Grow up, about time we had an French Electrical book in English.

Bobby[/quote]

If the book is written in English anything like that of the OP then it will probably be easier to understand French!

[quote user="Jay"][quote user="greatguy"]

Bobby[/quote]

If the book is written in English anything like that of the OP then it will probably be easier to understand French!

[/quote]

Indeed, difficult for engineers and barrack room lawyers to follow.[:P]

I have nothing against self published books. However books through publishing houses tend to be peer reviewed and checked for accuracy.

The self published books are good value for money and I will probably buy one as a guide. But it should be treated as a guide and checked against other sources.

I had to chuckle; their own website says "We first opened for business in 2006, and have been serving UK, and the rest of the France, ever since."

My bold italics. Since when was UK part of France? [:)]

Easy to be picky, I know. But then what other mistakes/ambiguities are there in the book...?