Bad feelings

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[:)][quote user="TWINKLE"]

I also thought Tresco was a bloke when I first posted here a year ago and flirted outrageously with her/him[:D]

Oh God - I hope Gluestick doesn't see this[:$][/quote]

I remember that Twinks. You were so sad that I wasn't a knight in shining armour, weren't you? As for Gluey, well he is like someones grandad in his attitudes, so we should just smile and gently chide him (or take the P, remorselessly).

Franc, the OH came home one day and begged me. He's a Francophile (I'm not).

Q: What's a girl to do?

A: Think it through. Allow more than 10 minutes. What you both need may be achievable in England.

[quote user="TWINKLE"]

I also thought Tresco was a bloke when I first posted here a year ago and flirted outrageously with her/him[:D]

Oh God - I hope Gluestick doesn't see this[:$]

Night Bless both and good luck Franc o (BTW -I'm Welsh too[:)])

[/quote]

Twinks

I would like to bring to your attention that I am a bloke, and I am feeling rather left out as you have not flirted with me at all yet.

Is it because I is single? (said in Ali-G. voice)[:D]

My favorite voyeur moment was when you were flirting outrageously with someone that finally said "actually I bat for the other side!"

It had me in stitches as I had him sussed straight away when he said something like "I am very good at housework to the point of being obsessive"!

[quote user="J.R."]My favorite voyeur moment was when you were flirting outrageously with someone that finally said "actually I bat for the other side!"[/quote]

That was hilarious wasn't it?  Sorry Twinks!

Oggy, don't let the wabbit put you off.[:-))]

'Twas very funny Tresc - worth a try though![:D]

J.R.!

It is only fun to flirt when the flirtee is not expecting it - I will keep it in mind that I've neglected you though and just when you are least expecting it,  I will give you a virtuel wink[;-)][:)]

My husband has just read this while passing through to the kitchen and he's shaking his head and rolling his eyes heavenwards[:-))][:P]

• 1 year later...

I know this is a very old post but ,,,, i have been to Spain and i want France back,, i miss it, i miss the people, i miss yves at Taxo les Pins, i miss the mountains, i miss everything that is French.

i know there was a lot of missunderstanding about who i was, i am not the other person, i am "THE FRANC O FILE" i want to be in France, but i need a means to live there, i have a partner and 2 children

I am, CORGI registered and have many other quals. can somebody tell me what i need to do  to survive in France

Hi Franc, 

Firstly how old are your children and what do they think of moving to France?

Secondly, where will you find work? If you use the search box at the top right hand corner, you should come across lots of threads regarding trades setting up business in France.  I dont know if you are aware, but it is quite difficult to actually start a business due to all the red tape,  unlike the UK.  Also, your equivalent to NI contributions will be high.  Again use the search button for 'cotisations'.  If you cannot find what you want there are many forum users who will be able to give you good advice or, better still, you could contact a French accountant for specific advice.  Many of them speak English to acquire clients like you.

Thirdly, have you thought where you would like to live?  If you have decided, would you consider it wise to buy immediately or rent for a while first to see if you really like it?

There, I think that is enough to be getting on with.

As for your original question,  I have certainly met people, especially the young in their early 20's who are starting to resent the fact that they cannot afford to buy.  I spoke to a young lad the other night who blamed the British for purchasing all their property and pushing the price up.  I then corrected him and reminded him actually, the French sold us the property and 'ripped us off' in the process.  I told him to get over it, it is the same throughout Western Europe where the young can no longer afford to buy and is certainly not perculiar to the French market.

However, most of the French I have met are very nice, even in Paris! [:)]  Oh, except for the young Parisenne girls who are beautiful, they think the world owes them a favour.  I hope my son marries a Welsh Cariad!!!

This "Brits buying all the property" theme is just a myth put about by hopeless whingers. In my last village I was told this so with a local we went round and found over 20 properties that were in the price range and condition that the youngsters wanted. Trouble is, they had been too lazy to get of their posteriors to go and look.

Yes WB I agree, some people who have said this to me are reasonable young people and when I point out that it was their 'grandfathers' who ripped us off, the penny drops with them.

Very few have said it more aggresively to the embarrasment of their friends.  Afterall, and especially in youth, there is a runt in every pack who tries to impress the alpha!!

When we bought our house, the local builder approached us and said he would have loved that house for his son.  His son could no longer afford to buy in the village and needed a house like ours 'cheap for renovation'.  I expressed my surprise in that it was on the market for a while, I lived in UK and he lived around the corner.  Another example of someone too lazy to get off their posterior as WB politely puts it

[quote user="franc o file"]

I

I am, CORGI registered and have many other quals. can somebody tell me what i need to do  to survive in France

[/quote]

Am afraid that CORGI registered means absolutely nothing here in France. If you are a good plumber then get re-trained here in french systems and register as a business or look for a firm to take you on although good french is an absolute must especially where work is concerned. Its not cheap to live here anymore whether that is in property or cost of living and certainly not fuel.

Yes, there are French who say the kind of things written here about Brits forcing up house prices but the factual reply must be that there are more French living and working in the UK than  there are Brits in France and you do not hear Brits whinging on about them buying up UK houses! Also a great many French companies are buying up UK utility companies but no-one moans in the UK! Just wonder what the French reaction would be if it were the UK companies purchasing a slice of French utilities?