I am really really struggling this year for allergies.

If you can find powdered quails eggs, try them.  Mr Betise suffers from horrible hay fever, but since he started taking 3 tablets par jour, he no longer has to take antihistamines, and despite often being in our garden, cutting the lawn etc (and we live in a very rural setting) he can live a normal life.  We pooh poohed the idea, but it really does work for him. 

• Thanks 1

As I walk often with friends, eveyone has remarked that there is a high level of pollen. Certainly, every pair of walking shoes I have seem to be yellow with pollen.

Don't know if my allergies are worse; indeed don't know what I might be allergic to.  But I accept that during spring and autumn, my cough gets a lot worse.

I take a prescription antihistamine year round and if my cough is caused by phlegm, I take a sachet of "Exomuc" and that soon calms things.  If I can't sleep at all due to coughing, I take a teaspoonful of a sirop for dry coughs or simply a Dafalgan.

Take my inhalers as directed but have taken the same ones for over 30 years and the pneumo says don't change anything so I don't.

The rest of the time, I ignore the cough and do all the things I'd normally do, including being outdoors as much as possible. Fortunately I don't get runny eyes or nose.

15 hours ago, Riggers said:

I have heard that allergies have worsened since Covid 

We can’t carry on blaming Covid and Brexit for everything. We will have to let go.

That said it is an interesting thought. I have never been the same since those blôôdy jabs.

18 hours ago, betise said:

If you can find powdered quails eggs, try them.  Mr Betise suffers from horrible hay fever, but since he started taking 3 tablets par jour, he no longer has to take antihistamines, and despite often being in our garden, cutting the lawn etc (and we live in a very rural setting) he can live a normal life.  We pooh poohed the idea, but it really does work for him. 

I will hunt them down and give them a give them a go. I will try anything.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, menthe said:

As I walk often with friends, eveyone has remarked that there is a high level of pollen. Certainly, every pair of walking shoes I have seem to be yellow with pollen.

Don't know if my allergies are worse; indeed don't know what I might be allergic to.  But I accept that during spring and autumn, my cough gets a lot worse.

I take a prescription antihistamine year round and if my cough is caused by phlegm, I take a sachet of "Exomuc" and that soon calms things.  If I can't sleep at all due to coughing, I take a teaspoonful of a sirop for dry coughs or simply a Dafalgan.

Take my inhalers as directed but have taken the same ones for over 30 years and the pneumo says don't change anything so I don't.

The rest of the time, I ignore the cough and do all the things I'd normally do, including being outdoors as much as possible. Fortunately I don't get runny eyes or nose.

I’m mostly allergic indoors. In fact I am better outside….but then something hits me outside…and I am back to square one.

Interesting thing is, I have no allergy when in the UK. Nothing…rien……or by the sea or up a mountain in France. Just here. Where I live.

I can’t stop coughing, sneezing….runny nose. 

Its mad. Im going mad.

Just move house, ALBF!  Goodness knows you have threatened often to do so.

Sorry, couldn't resist teasing you.  I do sympathise.  Everyone, just keep away from him, what with all that coughing and sneezing.....ugh.....give him a wide berth!

ALBF, have you had a word with your pharmacien?  Does anyone know of one of those Bach remedies that might work?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, alittlebitfrench said:

We can’t carry on blaming Covid and Brexit for everything. We will have to let go.

That said it is an interesting thought. I have never been the same since those blôôdy jabs.

It was onthe BBC news that admissions to the ED with allergies have increased since Covid,so I am not blaming anything