changing times

Henry100

Hello and on a very serious topic,

I was reading the connection ex-pat news today and the news about a near miss of two planes in the French airport BORDEAUX,

It was a very near miss and both Pilots had been given the all clear, One plane was on the tarmac (a two seating private plane with a father & his son they had been told by air control it was clear to take off, As they did just that "take off" above them coming in to land was a passenger easy jet passenger flight full of people about to land in the same lane as the private plane was,

The Easy jet pilot could not see the private plane and was over this plane when the control tower gave the easy jet pilot the emergency cancel landing and he lifted the plane a short distance from the private plane he could not see and thanks to his skill nobody was hurt,

My wife a short time ago told me she never wanted to ever fly again, and we both have been all over the world "flying many times"

I myself served in the para's and parachuted many times, But these changing times with both climate changes and the problems we are seeing as a result and even after all the training the control people are given and modern tech, I do wonder how changing times seem to be,

Even living in some people idea of a dream home by a flowing river with nature at your front door, would you buy such a house in such a location ?

Who would in their right mind move to/ live in France ?

I have been back in France for less than two days and the news scares me.

It is so dark.

Wait for tomorrow night for the senseless destruction and violence.

Not surprised that the people on the boat over to the UK were predominantly French.

Edited by alittlebitfrench