VPN on 2nd router

Have installed a second wifi5 connected to the 2.4 wifi Free box which has improved the coverage as we shared the two systems between the TP-link devices scattered through out the flat.  The 4 computers are connected with ethernet cables and a powered splitter.  This allows each device to decide whether or not to be connected to their own VPN depending on what service they require - so only half of what you suggest as, in general, don't find Wi-Fi as dependable as cables.

Got my new router on Saturday & today I finally got the system up & running.  It's a fibre connection provided by a French ISP, with an ethernet connection to a 2nd router that I've installed a VPN on, this in turn is connected to a TV & to a satellite recorder by 2 separate ethernet cables.  The house has a choice of French or UK wifi & I have access to UK catch up TV, play from start or set up a recording remotely when away from home.  It seems to be really good & I'm chuffed to have achieved this as a non-techy 75 year old.

Many thanks to those who've posted advice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well done and thanks for letting us know the outcome of your set up.  The only down side I have encountered in using an always on VPN is when you access certain country sensitive sites.  Otherwise, for accessing other countries TV with Amazon etc, it works a treat.  

• 2 weeks later...