South America

Jamessmith0901

Chile has a Mediterranean climate and four seasons, with the best time to visit being in Spring-Summer, between September and March. Australian citizens must have a visa to enter Chile, and exercise a high degree of caution due to potential demonstrations, civil unrest, and violence. The Protected Borders Plan is no longer in effect, and a current vaccination certificate will not be required when entering Chile. Proof of economic resources through copies of bank accounts or another certificate that proves the possession of, at least, USD $ 46 for every day of residence in Chile is required. Most people travel to Chile by air. Complete a Single Entry Form (FUI) ahead of travel, book a return ticket ahead of entry to Rapa Nui, and reserve a tourist service registered in SERNATUR.

• Like 1

Wow, thanks for the helpful information regarding travel to Chile! It's good to know that there are certain requirements in place for Australian citizens, like having proof of economic resources and completing the Single Entry Form. I'll definitely keep in mind the best time to go and the potential safety concerns. Your post has given me a better understanding of what to expect if I ever decide to travel to Chile in the future. Thanks again! 😊

On 25/09/2023 at 14:18, DaveLister said:

Chile has a Mediterranean climate and four seasons, with the best time to visit being in Spring-Summer, between September and March. Australian citizens must have a visa to enter Chile, and exercise a high degree of caution due to potential demonstrations, civil unrest, and violence. The Protected Borders Plan is no longer in effect, and a current vaccination certificate will not be required when entering Chile. Proof of economic resources through copies of bank accounts or another certificate that proves the possession of, at least, USD $ 46 for every day of residence in Chile is required. Most people travel to Chile by air. Complete a Single Entry Form (FUI) ahead of travel, book a return ticket ahead of entry to Rapa Nui, and reserve a tourist service registered in SERNATUR.

Thank you for bringing that up. Just to clarify, my initial post about Chile was simply a question for anyone who has traveled there, and it was not related to my interest in visiting France. However, I appreciate the suggestion about seeking out an Australian forum for travel advice about Chile. Thanks 🙂