Tax forms for 2010 received

Doodle

The tax office in Mayenne is on the ball this year as we received in last week's post all of the tax forms. I emailed them asking for the exchange rate I should use and the reply arrived this morning of 1,1436.

I've no excuse not to get my head down and now get on with it!

Chris

[quote user="knee gel"]The tax office in Mayenne is on the ball this year ... I emailed them asking for the exchange rate I should use and the reply arrived this morning of 1,1436.[/quote]

Gosh, they are on the ball ... I've worked out our rate for 2010 this morning and it comes in at 1,1436 so bravo to those in Mayenne.

Sue [:)]

IF you get money transferred from the UK to France then you will know what rate you have had for the year.

WHY are you using 'their' rate or even asking. That you will pay tax on what you recieve is one thing, if you didn't actually 'get' that money is quite another and unreasonable. Let's face it the bank rate and what banks give are quite different things.

We also need a 2000? form and they are not on line yet.

I am dreading doing all this on line, the first time we have been able to since we moved. Why am I dreading it, because it took several 'years' for us to be able to do it when we lived in France and there was nothing complicated on our forms then, there is now.

Oh, idun, join the club!  The tax return has been nagging at the back of my mind for several days now.

Firstly, I've got to find all the bank statements, etc as they could be lying in any of at least 3 boxes since the house move.

Secondly, there is the change of principal residence and

Thirdly......actually, I think that's quite enough without a thirdly.

Our Department must be on the ball! Our paper forms arrived at the end of last week (2042 & 2047). I was able to submit on line on Tuesday 26 April - all done and dusted thankfully...I used the Connexion recommended rate of 1.1654, which apparently is the official Interbank rate. Good luck with this!

Thanks Minnie.  We weren't planning to do it on-line but we were told by the non resident bit of the tax office in Niort what our options were, which forms to complete and they suggested we print off the ones from the website (viz - the missing forms!).  We don't have a tax number yet.  I have emailed the tax office and asked them if they can send a pdf of the missing form but no reply yet....

Mrs R51

We have been told 1.1436 by our local tax office at Parthenay in 79 today so looks like some of them are singing from the same song sheet!........JR

PS Whilst we received 2047 some time ago no sign of 2042. A friend has received a letter saying they were not sending him forms as he has done his return on-line for the last few years!

Well, in the circs then, best to keep away from French residency - as soon as you declare tax (apart from income generated here by non-residents) then you admit you are a resident with all the resulting obligations to have health cover etc.

(I did not just say that, btw.)[:)]

As you (didn't) say Coops.

I am still a resident of Abu Dhabi, my residence visa says so, and its for tax purposes as well. Following that I will be a returning resident to UK (where I pay NI contributions and tax on my UK generated income ).

I will continue to periodically visit my residence secondaire in France until such time as I decide to properly retire and move permanently to France.