the perennial topic of interest?

menthe

Can we fall back on talking about the weather?  Can't upset anybody, can't bring out rudeness or insults, nobody need argue with anyone else....is that OK?

Where I live, snow is as rare as hen's teeth.  The last time we had any amount in any sort of quantity was over 10 years ago.  But after fog and cold and damp for days on end, this afternoon we have snow.

My neighbour rang me with barely concealed excitement, isn't it joli she asked.

OH's cat was completely nonplussed or nonpussed in his case and ran for shelter under the car.

Great big fat flakes now settling on everything.

Anyone wish to talk about THEIR weather?

After weeks of nasty drizzly rain the last two days have been clear and cold with sharp frosts. Went to the beach yesterday afternoon dressed for Arctic weather but as there was little wind it was surprisingly warm. Bit naughty on the roads first thing, though. Only two people for miles of beach.

Menthe,  been most odd this year.  Like you snow is not usual, but it's not as unknown as with you.  We get cold winds regularly, and this year, when they have been cold, they have been strong (they always are that) but colder than ever.  Though in between remarkably milder than usual.  But a lot, lot more cloud cover than normal, and rain at odd times, heavier than sometimes, etc.  Last night the rain arrived slightly later than forecasted (it is often thus), and I could see there was snow in it when looked at our Veluxes, but it wasn't very white and was definitely mixed with rain.  Much less rain thatn forecasted this morning too.  I didn't bother looking out, seen too much snow in my life to get excited about it!

Although we are high in the Surrey Hills at the moment, I keep a keen watch on the Meteo for our second home in 36. We have only had a single burst of light snow here a few weeks ago but in France the forecast is for snow for the next three days. It would be interesting to match your weather watch reports with a department.