Volodymyer Zelensky gives Macron "words of wisdom" (wind your neck in?)

Volodymyr Zelensky has hit out at Emmanuel Macron and accused him of trying "in vain" to have a constructive dialogue with the Russian President.

"We must not look for a way out for Russia, and Macron is doing it in vain," the Ukrainian President told the Italian TV channel Rai 1.

"I know he wanted to get results from mediation between Russia and Ukraine, but he didn't get any," Mr Zelensky said in an interview that was published on his Telegram channel.

The Elysee said that Mr Macron had "never discussed anything with Vladimir Putin without the agreement of President Zelensky".

"He has always said that it is up to the Ukrainians to decide the terms of their negotiation with the Russians."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/05/13/ukraine-news-russia-war-latest-finland-nato-putin-live/

Somebody needs to tell Macron to stop interfering!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Harnser said:

Volodymyr Zelensky has hit out at Emmanuel Macron and accused him of trying "in vain" to have a constructive dialogue with the Russian President.

"We must not look for a way out for Russia, and Macron is doing it in vain," the Ukrainian President told the Italian TV channel Rai 1.

"I know he wanted to get results from mediation between Russia and Ukraine, but he didn't get any," Mr Zelensky said in an interview that was published on his Telegram channel.

The Elysee said that Mr Macron had "never discussed anything with Vladimir Putin without the agreement of President Zelensky".

"He has always said that it is up to the Ukrainians to decide the terms of their negotiation with the Russians."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/05/13/ukraine-news-russia-war-latest-finland-nato-putin-live/

Somebody needs to tell Macron to stop interfering!

Macron is far too vain to stop 'keep trying'! He is looking , as always, to boost his ego. I'm sure that when this war ends he will almost certainly claim credit to some degree. What will be more disappointing is that the French people will probably believe it!!! It's not only the Russians who use propaganda!!!

• Like 1

It's good that Macron is being "called out".    He really is a dreadful little creep,    and personally I think the damage he has done to Anglo-French relations over Brexit won't be repaired in my lifetime.    Which is a shame because ten years ago I really felt that relations were the best they ever had been,   but Macron's pettiness and vindictiveness has smashed all that.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Martin963 said:

It's good that Macron is being "called out".    He really is a dreadful little creep,    and personally I think the damage he has done to Anglo-French relations over Brexit won't be repaired in my lifetime.    Which is a shame because ten years ago I really felt that relations were the best they ever had been,   but Macron's pettiness and vindictiveness has smashed all that.

Please, there is no problem with the Anglo French relationship.

I should know more than most.

Remember, more French live in the UK than Brits in France. The French are one of the biggest investors of UK property. Young kids want to move to the UK. I would if I was a young French kid. 

My kids will certainly want to move to the UK.

French news is always covering UK social news and current affairs. Do they cover other countries ? NO. The French media loves the UK.

The French like the British and vice versa.

The problem is the attitude of French politiciens towards the UK. They are the ones causing all the animosity. 

They are just jealous because they can't control their own country and half of them end up in jail or on corruption charges anyway.

So yeah, Macron is just another vile French politicien. 

Please folks......everybody hates Macron in France. He is hated.

So on that note alone, the British, the French and everyone else in the EU have something in common. 

Edited by alittlebitfrench

1 hour ago, Harnser said:

It's odd that Macron has this hatred of the UK considering that one of his great- grandparents was english.

macronfamilytree.thumb.JPG.50c1c8d82206927773a79870eee23ff8.JPG

Michael O'Leary!!! That's why he hates Britain! You can't get any more Irish than an O'Leary!!!!

2 minutes ago, alittlebitfrench said:

Please, there is no problem with the Anglo French relationship.

I should know more than most.

Remember, more French live in the UK than Brits in France. The French are one of the biggest investors of UK property. Young kids want to move to the UK. I would if I was a young French kid. 

My kids will certainly want to move to the UK.

French news is always covering UK news. Do they cover other countries ? NO.

The French like the British and vice versa.

The problem is the attitude of French politiciens towards the UK. They are the ones causing all the animosity. 

They are just jealous because they can't control their own country and half of them end up in jail or on corruption charges anyway.

So yeah, Macron is just another vile French politicien. 

Please folks......everybody hates Macron in France. He is hated.

So on that note alone, the British, the French and everyone else in the EU have something in common. 

I'm afraid there is a great problem with French/ Anglo relationship albeit at the governmental/political level. They are the ones governing the ill feeling towards each other and that affects us, you! We may love our neighbour (or wife) but that doesn't mean our two countries are in any way aligned other than at the superficial level you hint at. My wife, a Finn, often says only the British can understand the British and I agree with her. There are fundamental differences even down at our lowly level. Just how do you think Brexit came about? I'm afraid because we like French wine and cheese and the French like, well I'm not too sure actually! that doesn't make us compatible at almost any level. I find that I have to be diplomatic in things I say relating to France. In the first instance it is because I'm the foreigner and it would be wrong of me to 'speak freely'. Secondly I want to 'get on' with people not fight them. So no, I'm afraid I can't agree that Brits and the E.U. have something in common, at any level.

16 minutes ago, Ken said:

I'm afraid there is a great problem with French/ Anglo relationship albeit at the governmental/political level. They are the ones governing the ill feeling towards each other and that affects us, you! We may love our neighbour (or wife) but that doesn't mean our two countries are in any way aligned other than at the superficial level you hint at. My wife, a Finn, often says only the British can understand the British and I agree with her. There are fundamental differences even down at our lowly level. Just how do you think Brexit came about? I'm afraid because we like French wine and cheese and the French like, well I'm not too sure actually! that doesn't make us compatible at almost any level. I find that I have to be diplomatic in things I say relating to France. In the first instance it is because I'm the foreigner and it would be wrong of me to 'speak freely'. Secondly I want to 'get on' with people not fight them. So no, I'm afraid I can't agree that Brits and the E.U. have something in common, at any level.

I don't agree....except this maybe a generational issue.

Believe me, there are no probs in my or those of lower age groups.

Also, people don't take notice of political leaders anymore. Especially French ones. 

6 hours ago, alittlebitfrench said:

I don't agree....except this maybe a generational issue.

Believe me, there are no probs in my or those of lower age groups.

Also, people don't take notice of political leaders anymore. Especially French ones. 

Then we disagree!

11 hours ago, alittlebitfrench said:

I can live with that my friend. ?

And I would still buy you a pint if we disagree ?

And that is how the world should work.

Right, I will have a pint of rum please!!