Fresh gloom for British residents with incomes in Sterling

NormanH

[quote user="Chancer"]

Fugured??????????

Isnt that something to do with pots and kettles?

[/quote]I believe so.[:D] It's just because I sometimes spell phonetically and a Scottish accent doesn't help[:D] Of course I could say I was using an old dialect word but that would mean resorting to politician speak[:D]

Spotted on TV that useless so-and-so Mervyn King watching the men's tennis final at Wimbledon yesterday.  OK, so it was Sunday. But he looked for all the world as though he hadn't a care and I saw him laughing and applauding.  No sense of decency or appropriateness, that man. To me, it felt like shades of Nero fiddling while Rome burned.

There again, I guess the less of his meddling with sterling, the better for that devalued under threat currency? 

You are right,but it has an effect on the pound and for businesses. There were also several announcements concerning the dire state of the UK economy.I was wrong at least 7 attendances- and he would not even have been allowed to use his mobile phone!

[quote user="sweet 17"]What does he care, Jazzzer!  Doesn't he have a gold-plated, index-linked pension when he takes early retirement?[/quote]Not sure he has any plans to take eary retirement. His present job doesn't run out until he is 65 in 21 months time

When we have serious problems my holiday gets cancelled - just has.

Of course in todays news is that the US is also in the doodoo if it does not get agreement on raising its $14.300.000.000.000 debt level.  I wonder how far the brinkmanship will be allowed to go - any bets on a run on the dollar?