Carcasonne Airport resto.

I know there is a restaurant in Carcasonne airport. I have done various searches on the internet but the only details i can get are that snacks or buffet or menu meals are available.

Can anyone give me the service times or even a website/phone no for the restaurant.

I will be taking my dad there on his return to UK , he is Diabetic so i need to plan ahead as to whether i will need to cook a meal befor he goes and sandwich for the flight or if we can get a decent meal in the airport and he have a sandwich on his arrival in UK.

This info is not needed for a few weeks , so if anyone is passing through the airport and have a few moments just to take a peep upstairs. Please.

Don't be too laid back with Ryanair. At Rodez as it is now busy, check-in closes 40 minutes before flights and that is enforced, passengers are also asked to go through security now 30 minutes before flight time.  As the plane is often early this ensures a quick turn round.

This year,  I have seen people strolling in 15 minutes before departure time only to find an empty check-in desk and the plane on its way to take off.  Its not like the old days of turn up and get on the plane.

There's a very nice restaraunt at the Airport, in fact my next door neighbours had their wedding reception there.

There is a cafe bit for nsakc and quick food, but the restaraunt has a full range of menus, + a very good

self service starters buffet, eat as much as you like.

Most tourists seem to use the cafe bit with local business men in the resto . . .

worth a butchers and not too pricey, relaxed and proffesional.

David

[quote user="Davidball"]There's a very nice restaraunt at the Airport, in fact my next door neighbours had their wedding reception there.
There is a cafe bit for nsakc and quick food, but the restaraunt has a full range of menus, + a very good
self service starters buffet, eat as much as you like.

Most tourists seem to use the cafe bit with local business men in the resto . . .

worth a butchers and not too pricey, relaxed and proffesional.

David

[/quote]

I know there is a resto at the airport, Ihad a quick peep in earlier in the year, I noticed they did a buffet form the card I read at the table placed outside the door.  I am hoping thatthere will be plenty of folks passing through in the next few weeks one of whome could perhaps pick up a card and email me  the details.

I would prefere to arrive early at the airport, eat in a relaxed manner and then perhaps book in before having a coffee and Dad going to departures and me and the children driving back to near Perpignan.......(I know , perpignan has an airport, but not to northern destinations!)

Hi Opas, something else too. If you have a meal in the restaurant then your parking is free, nowt and gratis. It gives the details on the way into the car park. We haven't eaten there, but have had some very good reports on the food.

I don't know where you have been eating n Bass Carcassonne Jc, Mcdeez pert etra?, but we have had some very good lunches there over the past 2 years (in fact exactly 2 years tomorrow when we arrived in Carcassonne!!!). I usually hate big towns and cities, but I do like Carca very much indeed....

John, early retired and living here full time and loving it!!!

• 2 weeks later...
We got the parking fee waived by the restaurant, and only bought 2 coffees!!  The restaurant/snack bar at Carcassonne is excellent and good value, but can be busy is flights are full or delayed.  We dropped off our son to check in for the morning flight to East Midlands at 8.30 and the snack bar was open then and serving hot food; the chef was in the restaurant planning the day's menu.

• 1 month later...