O'Leary in Carcassonne

It's either a L O N G meeting or he's been legging it back and forth a lot over the last week or so. The jet has been there every time we have passed the airport over the past week or so...  Almost every day. It was there at 08.00 Wednesday morning, fully chocked and silent while I had my breakfast in the restaraunt...

Combining business with pleasure peut etra???

Or maybe he was there putting the finishing touches to his latest plot to seperate us from our money. From 20 Sept all passengers will be required to pay a €3 check-in charge if they use the airport check-in desk. Ryanair say its aim is to 'encourage passengers to make more use of its online check-in service' for which they are now removing the charge. In other words if you have anything other than hand luggage with you you will face an additional charge.  Asked why it was imposing this extra charge for airport checkin on top of existing baggage charges a Ryanair spokesman replied 'Because we say so'!!

Honestly Renaud, would you fly ANY scheduled carrier if you had the fantastic bit of flying machine that he has??? I wouldn't, possibly with the exception of Concord, but I forgot, a certain American aircraft producer got that scrapped [Www]??!!? You should see what the second generation Concord would have been like. In fact if you go and have a look at the Bristol Aircraft Museum at Kemble in Gloucestershire you can see the model of what the WONDERFUL second generation Concord would have been. But I suppose if you are a huge corporation and you can't beat something then you destroy it???

They won't destroy the memory of the only supersonic airliner ever to go into service though will they!

toni, I have said it before, but if you don't like what the airline is doing then vote with your feet!!!

Try the prices that Flybe or Easyjet charge. Nothing hidden there, just a much more expensive fair to start with! Some of our friends have driven past Bristol to Stansted, stayed in a pub over night, got the transport provided by the pub, parked their car there too and come over by Ryanair and it has still been well over £100 cheaper than flying from Bristol. That's without adding the Bristol parking too!

OK he is making a bucket load of money from the punters, but what the hell is he, a charity peut etra [:-))]!!!?

We will carry on using the airline until they become non viable and that will possibly be a while yet. They have put a load of cash into Salvasa (Carcassonne) and a load of people are perfectly happy to use the service. I have used it 4 times now. Our visitors and family are using it and no complaints...

If you don't like it they why the hell use it??[8-)]

Hear,hear-some people will always find something to moan about-a flight into Vias would be nice tho'-just means that I would stop using Montpellier-why do people expect to be dined and wined on a cheap 90 minute flight-never had problems-takes off reasonably on-time and usually lands early-use Holiday autos-get cheap car hire and avoid the queue at Hertz.

I'm sure I would be happy to consider other airlines but I as I live in Ireland its hardly practicable. In any event I am very glad to fly Ryanair to Carcassonne or Gerona as without them I wouldn't have made a decision to buy a house in the Languedoc in the first place! but I do derive some entertainment from their attitude to public relations and their attempts to find 'plausable' explanations for their latest manouvers. My main purpose in posting was, I suppose, to forewarn people of the expected rise if they are travelling with checked in luggage. Personally the changes will suit me as I usually try to get by with just hand luggage anyway plus under the new regime I will get priority boarding at no extra charge apparently. 

[quote user="toni"]Personally the changes will suit me as I usually try to get by with just hand luggage anyway plus under the new regime I will get priority boarding at no extra charge apparently. [/quote]

As they want as many people as possible  to use just hand luggage, I suspect priority boarding to be of little advantage.

Baz

I'm a big fan of Ryanair and echo the comments made.

However ........... the add-ons are just beginning to get more than a bit irritating.  I'd just rather they'd give you a price and say "That's it".

The problem is that their strategy of going for walk-on baggage is completely at odds with the current (understandable, though tiresome) security regs.  There has to be some 'meeting of minds', otherwise it's all going to grind to a halt  - actually, it probably has already.

Eurostar / TGV for me, but when are they going to get their (booking / pricing) act together?