English Video/DVD Rental

Anyone interested.

I have hundreds of the things and was thinking of starting up a little enterprise but wanted to find out if their is a interest first. I mentioned DVD's because the bigest ditributer of DVD's in France only produces French language DVD's of US films.

Q

Most US films released in France on DVD seem to have an English Language Audio option on them. However, the French films never seem to have even English subtitle options!I'm not sure how a library would go. I think most permanant residents have sattelite. But then...nothing ventured!

David

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Cat pointed out this post was four years old.  Until she mentioned it I had not checked the posted date times of messages, assumng that  they were new posts for the day they appeared.  Having looked at the thread on this subject it appears that most of the replies are four years old... Whats the point of this?

[quote user="Tj"]I am surprised that Quillan is suggesting renting out DVDs after making a big issue of the illegality of receiving Sky Television broadcasts in France.[/quote]

Fair point but I didn't know back then about this or the illegality. As already said it was 4 years ago and some of us learn and move on [;-)] .

• 2 weeks later...

[quote user="Bones"]I believe you Quillan. [;-)]
[/quote]

Pop round to my market stall on Wednesdays and I'll flog you any of the latest movies on DVD for a fiver each. The sound is bad and the picture shakes a bit as I am old now and can't hold the camera so steady plus the seats at the local cinema are very uncomfortable. [;-)] [;-)]

You see kids; it starts off with flogging a few old dvd's and before you know it you're a pirate!

Personally I still see an opening: caseloads of used dvd's and english books.

Like you have the English shop in Carcassonne - you could have the English media shop, all above board!