New ruling on Winter fuel allowance

Boiling a frog

[quote user="Gardian"]

[quote user="Boiling a frog"]No one is going to knock on your door in the middle of the night and drag you off to an interment camp or shoot you for filling in a form before the required date.[/quote]

[:D][:D][:D]

Just an aside & nothing whatsoever to do with possible claimants like us.

Some friends have stayed with us recently. Both single (one divorced, the other a widower) and who may well 'set up' together in the coming months.

If that were to happen, would they still get 'double-bubble' (as it was known where I used to work) even though their address was the same?  I mean, who's to say that they were 'together' as opposed to just living in the same house?

Its a matter of supreme irrelevance to us and our friends - it just came up over our 1st glass of Rose this evening when talking about this interminable thread.   

[/quote]As I understand it the allowance is only paid once per household. When I applied 8 years ago there was a question on the form asking if anyone else at my address was receiving WFA. Of course things may have changed now

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'v only read the last couple of pages of this thread so please excuse me if this has already been said, but from those replies it doesn't appear to have been.

I spoke to a very helpful lady at the DWP and she talked me through finding the form and said to fill it out and send it in. No dates mentioned. Also to expect a delay as they have 3,000 claims to sort out.

So a good guess at where you will be on the shown dates seems in order and if you finish up in the clink you can inform them...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...