what boxes to fill in

sue

Thanks guys for all you help so far. Can someone give me the box ref where i can enter state pension on the 2042 and a small private pension on the 2047. I also believe there is a form that my parents need to fill in stating what English account they have ( something i need to do to)

NormanH i have looked at that page so many times in the last few days that i was about to moan and say I cant see where it says about pensions. However somehow i missed the pension bit i think because it said about government teachers pension. I shall stay quite now Thank you

[quote user="AnOther"]Not knocking the guide you linked to Norman but it is 5 years old now and in places not necessarily reflective of the current forms. [/quote]

Not sure re this year's form, but the filling-in-your-tax-form guide was updated in 2011 to reflect the changes brought in then.

Sue

[quote user="AnOther"]Not knocking the guide you linked to Norman but it is 5 years old now and in places not necessarily reflective of the current forms.

[/quote]

Hi,

That guide , although updated in 2011, is not correct for UK rental income, as can be verified by looking at the notice to this years 2047 which has , at last, been updated.

On page 3 sec B 1) b - it clearly states that the Royaume-Uni  is one of the states whose "revenus immobiliers"-rents- are exonerated by a credit equal to the french tax; in other words exactly as the guide  describes for  government pensions ; 2047 VI and 2042 8TK.

[quote user="sue"]NormanH i have looked at that page so many times in the last few days that i was about to moan and say I cant see where it says about pensions. However somehow i missed the pension bit i think because it said about government teachers pension. I shall stay quite now Thank you[/quote]

Please don't "stay quiet" sue.  The whole point of this site is to ask for help and get it whenever possible.

I just thought you might not have found that page.

We've just received a letter from the Fisc saying that they are changing the online login this year. Initially, it will be as in the last few years (you need numero fiscal, numero de teledeclarant and RFR (revenue fiscal de reference from previous year). However, once past that, you will be able to choose a password and subsequently be able to  log in with just the numero fiscal and the password.

They are also plugging an "app" for smartphones: I'm not sure that that's such a wonderful idea ...

[quote user="NormanH"]Isn't that app only for the simple case where you agree with the pre-filled form, and wish to confirm, or have I misunderstood?

[/quote]

Dunno - haven't bothered looking it up. However, I will now do so and see what it does.

• 1 month later...
re government service pensions, what do I put down for 'nature du revenu', plus, last year following advice on this blog I wrote something down to say that it was taxed in the Uk and exempt from french tax - quoting some EU type agreement. Can anybody help with what I should write? Ta

further to my last, I have just done the online form & its calculations suggest that I will have a tax bill of quite a few hundred euro's. The calculations will obviously have been made automatically not taking into account that I am not liable to french tax under the double taxation agreement which the phrase subject to my post a couple of minutes ago referred to. I assume that I enter this free text in the 'any oher information' box which will be then taken into consideration????