I understand that the Dukes and Duchesses of Northumberland have the family name of Percy.  Thus does one presume that in 1066 folk from our village joined Will on his travels.  Indeed I have a book from the 1800's dealing with the household accounts of the Percy family in the 1500's and its very interesting.  I thought to give it to the Marie but probably would not be of interest.

Coco

The church is at Dives-sur-Mere as Cooperlola suggested.

If you are more interested in the list than the church, the site suggested by Powerdesal is the better one because it lists the names by surname, rather by Christian name which is what the church list does.

Thanks again to both.

Hoddy

I just looked up the site mentioned above. Sorry but what a load of rubbish. My father's family according to that came from Normandy when we know full well they were from Scotland having had the family tree traced right back to the 11th century and the real family coat of arms is nothing like the one printed on this site,which is curiously just like my husband's family crest but a different colour and his ancestors did come over with William as our surname is a town in Normandy.

Val, it's interesting because if you look at my link - the first one -(which includes the list, as written in the church) it says that research before the 15th Century "should be taken with a grain of salt"!  Even Robert the Bruce was Norman French and there are many Scottish families with French roots.  A fascinating subject. (My grandfather was a genealogist but only got back as far as the 14th century - still very interesting reading his papers.)

Well...this is interesting..........my family comes from Northunberland and I can only "go back " to 1735 on the family tree. It appears though we have a Coat of Arms and a crest  Six Fleur-de-Lis  on it .....and a raised arm clasping one as the crest....which tends  now to have me thinking the old ancesters were not horn fitters in a viking hat  factory .

These two links are Most interesting! Having married a Brit and collected a French surname in the deal (my parents were tickled pink! about this)  I have been quite interested all these years where did that name came from.

I think I have just found out... Question of revising the family tree, cross referencing with other documents and OH's knowledge of his ancestors : 'What do I know? I was brought up in the african bush!' he will say ....[:D]

Actually he does know a lot on his family as far back as 1650. So it's a matter of perservering through the mist of time....