I could murder a curry! .......

one of the few things to be missed about England is a curry!  (Not as good as in India, much better than in Australia!)... would love to try a French version... and there's the rub... there aren't any!

Does anyone know of any Indian restaurant in the Haute Vienna.... not holding out much hope but you never know!

Limoges.

There's a square near the cathedral with a creperie an Indian restaurant and if I remember correctly, a faux irish bar. Ate in the restaurant a couple of years ago and it was fine.

As usual, I could walk you to it if I was there, but can't remember the address 

And there's an oriental supermarket behind Cora on the ZI Nord, where you can buy most of the gubbins to make your own.

There are three or four Indian restaurants in Limoges plus a couple of Thai restaurants where you can get a curry.

Check on line on French yellow pages there is an english language option, it will give you address, phone number and location on a map of limoges.

Good eatin cobber

• 2 weeks later...
The Curry house near the Cathedral in Limoges is not bad. You may find there range a little limited.

We have also found three in Angouleme. All within the pedetrianised area near Les Halles car park.

I would definately be interested about any Thai restaurants Limoges/Perigueux/Angouleme though as I do miss them.

There is an Indian cafe opposite the law court in Perigueux, has a limited menu and I have not yet tried it. The Indian restaurant is on the square behind the cathedral, the chef is a Pakistani he and his wife speak English as she met him in London. It seems the French don't like 'pokey old tackle' so ask for your curry as the chef would eat it.