URGENT! CAST IRON BATHS

TWINKLE

Hi all,

My friend has just bought a house in France, and has decided on en suite jack & jill bathrooms for all the bedrooms.  He's looking for some of those old fashioned  cast iron baths.  Any idea where he can find some (about 3) in good condition?[Www]

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to ask if its really worth it. A genuine old cast iron bath will probably be stained badly and could easily require re enameling. Then there is the added problem of transporting them without damaging them.

There are such nice, reasonably priced modern look alikes available wouldn't they be a better option ?

[quote user="Dick Smith"]I thought she wanted a cast-irony bath.

[/quote]

As dear Sir David says "The clues are there, as we go through.....the keyhole" ............. irony baths indeed, ho flipping ho [:D]

Anyway, what is a Jack and Jill, it used to be used for the old peppy pills [;-)]

Twinkie, just as well you didn't say " And willing to pay up to 200 smackeroonies a piece" [+o(]

[quote user="Dick Smith"] Oh jolly good, haven't laughed so much since Stanley Baldwin retired. I told Julie and she choked...
[/quote]

Dearie me she has been living with you and your wonderful sense of humour how long?  And (your kind permission to start a sentence with this word) it takes a silly little quip from silly little me to really get her going.

And (oops) for Mikis' sake a J&J bathroom is an ensuite placed between two bedrooms with a door connected to each.  So forget the purple hearts of your youth young man.

[quote user="Dick Smith"]It's KKK. It's in The Lighter Side of France. It refers to another post which was in itself pretty jokey by the end. It contains indistrial strength irony.

Now, why would you think it's a joke?
[/quote]

Just panicked in case the moderators came calling!!  [Www]

[quote user="Dick Smith"]It's KKK.[/quote]

It was Twinkle, not Ms K Kat [:D]

I have ordered three Cast Iron Baths for your friend, Twinkle. I thought they would be too good to miss.

Unfortunately they are in a terrible condition. In fact they have been smashed up with a lump hammer.

They only cost 3 Euros each, but delivery will be a bit more...[Www]

SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY!!!! I seem to have got ALL confused AGAIN.

Dick said "cast irony bath"  I went on to say something like "she should be SATired in a cast irony bath" cos I think Dick likes talking about things like that.  Then Dick said Julie choked and I thought he was laughing at my weak little pun.  Then I made a little reply to Dick AND Miki and now I am sorry I opened my BIG mouth!

And another thing, it wasnt even me who started all this.