EDF sunk

LEO

(From today's Times)

EDF’s not in our boat

OOH LA LA. Despite its charm offensive in Britain, the French utility giant EDF has short-circuited its image.

News of a spectacular gaffe emerged last week at the launch of The Crossing, the book by television presenter Ben Fogle and Olympic gold-medallist James Cracknell, about their rowing race across the Atlantic in Spirit of EDF Energy, above. Fogle said he returned from his heroics only to find that EDF had cut off his electrictity.

“I found a letter from (EDF) saying I hadn’t paid a monthly bill of about £80 and they didn’t know where I was. This was despite us being all over international television with their logo on our boat. It just shows that while EDF was significant in our lives, we were not at all significant in theirs.”

posted by Leo

[quote user="Dick Smith"]I don't understand whatever point you are trying to make here. I had no knowledge of these two rowing across the Atlantic either - was it compulsory to know about it?
[/quote] 

Hi Dick, I didn't know it was compulsory for me to make any point.

I merely cut and pasted from the back page of The Sunday Times a topical story with a French connection.

Can't you see the ironic humour, and the energy giant EDF with egg on their face.

Kind regards,

Leo

I love it!

A 'story' based on the premise that the  EDF computer that generates bill reminders is able to watch the TV!!!

You have to wonder though, why Ben Fogle doesn't take advantage of a modern banking innovation called  a Standing Order.  [:)]

[quote user="LEO"]  ....... and they didn’t know where I was. This was despite us being all over international television with their logo on our boat. .....[/quote]

Apart from the albatros and the gulls and the dolphins and the whales and the marine life in general that could see the EDF logo... Who else in the middle of the Atlantic would want to subscribe to EDF services [8-)] ?

[quote user="missyesbut"]

Apart from the albatros and the gulls and the dolphins and the whales and the marine life in general that could see the EDF logo... Who else in the middle of the Atlantic would want to subscribe to EDF services [8-)] ?

[/quote]

Trust you to bring wales into it MYB [8-)]. ( and don't yell at me because you know that the French always ignore any 'Hs' they see [:P])

[quote user="Hoddy"]Am I the only one who fancies Ben Fogle ? Hoddy[/quote]

Well not fancy him exactly, but if my daughter had bought him home I'd have been pleased ! (too late now, he's got married)

Dick, Ben Fogle is the son of the fairly well known vet  Bruce Fogle and Julia Forster (not sure about the surname) who was a star of TV and Film in the 60- 70s ( Half a Sixpence etc) He also took part in that program where lots of people went to live on a Scottish Island

http://www.2meninaboat.com/

[quote user="Russethouse"]

He also took part in that program where lots of people went to live on a Scottish Island

[/quote]

Thanks Gay. I've was wondering where he came from.

Dick; he's very posh, and blond, and nice, in a nice sort of way but also insipid.