Do you like sprouts yes / no

Pads

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sprouts and chestnuts are just great if tweaked a little. Cook the sprouts until they're not quite cooked enough, the chestnuts have to be roasted, peel them and set aside. Slice up some bacon, start to fry it off in butter in a large frying pan or wok on a medium heat with a couple of crushed cloves of garlic, after a couple of minutes add the sprouts and chestnuts and cook through for ten minutes or so, glaze with the jus that will be served with on the table and serve hot.

I learned alot from a very close friend of mine who is wonderful chef trained in the French classic methods. My interest started just after I had met my now wife, he and her are soulmates. I spent hours with him boning out various poultry (six birds I think) for the BBB that was the family Christmas meal.

Edit, he's also possibly the longest term AIDS sufferer in the UK, 27 years (I think) diagnosed. He's an amazing man.

Sprouts are great if you like them but not if you don't.

[quote user="Gary Bugbear"]It does contradict because it's 'efficiency', why I know not..................where's Dick ?[/quote]

"i" before "e" when the sound is "ee" except after "c".

Not sure where that leaves "weird" - it is is strange werd. [:)]

[quote user="Cassis"]Sprouts are great if you like them but not if you don't.

[quote user="Gary Bugbear"]It does contradict because it's 'efficiency', why I know not..................where's Dick ?[/quote]

"i" before "e" when the sound is "ee" except after "c".

Not sure where that leaves "weird" - it is is strange werd. [:)]
[/quote]

Hang on, isn't your whole argument skewed somewhat by your insistence on speaking with that funny regional accent henny pet?  Can't really trust you on phonetic matters can we? [;-)]

[quote user="Cassis"]Aah, hadawayanshite. Ah divvent reyt leyk ah speek, man.

[/quote]

Nor me.  My mum was struck by lightning when I was being delivered, rendering me unable to speak anything other than Basque, yet my written first language is English, or at least the Herefordian variant of it, which some cruelsters would suggest is, in fact, Welsh.

Weird.  I didn't even know I could read Welsh, yet I can read your posts just like they are in English.  Or is this not your first language you're writing in?  I can't tell, to be honest.  Whatever, it's a lot better than most.  English was Joseph Conrad's third language yet he wrote a few half decent books in English (though he's not considered PC these days).

Talking about the English language have you every wondered...........................

How come your house can burn up while its burning down?

Or how you have to fill in a form to fill it out

Plus you have to chop down a tree before you can chop it up

You have a nose that runs and a feet that smell.

when the lights are out they are invisible when the stars are out they are visible ?

[quote user="Chris Head"]Try them finely shredded on a mandolin (watch the pinkies), seasoned and pan/wok fried with sesame oil and a touch of butter, keep the heat high and keep them moving.[/quote]

Tried it and it's lovely. Also added some chopped walnuts. Didn't taste at all sprout like!!!