A nice little quote that will ring true with many....................

Bugsy

Well I'm afraid I'm struggling with your silly comment. What was the point ?

Perhaps it is the beard, well I've never had one in my life.

Perhaps the funny glasses, well I do wear glasses for reading, but I don't own any Pink ones ?

We are both male, of course and we both have grey hair, perhaps that's where you're coming from.

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Tresco"]

And I'm struggling with how to communicate with someone who edits posts after they have been replied to.

You've edited your previous post and now it says something completely different to what it said before. 

[/quote]

I did edit my post, but I did it before I saw your next one, so they must have crossed in cyber-space.

if you want the words I used it was something like "you were skating on thin ice"

No problem Zak. I didn't like the quote or the author, and said so, but the quote wasn't offensive in any way.

Bugbear, you said more than that in the post you edited. You implied I had no right to disagree with Cassis, (there was mention of 'pots and kettles'). That's all I did, disagree. I was not 'critical' of Cassis.

As I said, your post is now unrecognisable from the one I replied to.

[quote user="Tresco"]

Bugbear, you said more than that in the post you edited. You implied I had no right to disagree with Cassis, (there was mention of 'pots and kettles'). That's all I did, disagree. I was not 'critical' of Cassis.

[/quote]

Not true, well not about you having no right to disagree with cassis. I never mentioned it. Neither did I mention 'critical'. I did mention pots and kettles but only to show that you were expressing critisism of the OP. Look at the edit times and you will see that I clearly changed my words before your reply arrived on site. You do have a right to comment on any post on this site, as we all do and I've never said otherwise. I just found it annoying that because you were having to backtrack somewhat on your original comment, you chose to make a silly joke involving me, who, incidently,  had not been involved in the argument in any way.

[quote user="Bugbear"]

Not true, well not about you having no right to disagree with cassis. I never mentioned it. Neither did I mention 'critical'. I did mention pots and kettles but only to show that you were expressing critisism of the OP. Look at the edit times and you will see that I clearly changed my words before your reply arrived on site. You do have a right to comment on any post on this site, as we all do and I've never said otherwise. I just found it annoying that because you were having to backtrack somewhat on your original comment, you chose to make a silly joke involving me, who, incidently,  had not been involved in the argument in any way.

[/quote]

I have not backtracked in any way on my original comment. And while I disagree with your interpretation of what you said, there is really no further point discussing your original post, because you deleted it.

Basil Fawlty to the hard of hearing Mrs Richards on the view from her window not being up to spec...

ā€œWhat did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majesticallyā€¦!ā€

[:)][:)]

Who's Jade Goody? [Www]

Old George is patron saint of Moscow, not London.  Also some eastern European states. [;-)]

"Fat people are brilliant in bed. If I'm sitting on top of you, who's going to argue?"

Jo Brand

(all right, not very topical ...)