Re: "Sods Law "

Frederick

What have I done to deserve this ?....My wife has me on after Xmas weight- watcher meals and today I notice my local pub is doing 8oz steak and chips for £3.99p ...

A pub in the New Forest is doing a carvery for the same .price  and most pubs are now on two for a tenner offers ....Its geting cheaper to eat out .....If you are not on starvation  rations ! 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Dog"]It is possible to eat better, more interesting and flavoursome meals without eating dead cows and fried potatoes, even for £3.99.[/quote]

The rolling hills of Dorset are there to raise cattle .... The ones I eat I know  which field they they were raised in  ...and that suites me !    You stick with your soya  while I have my meat  ... Which  reminds me I must get a pheasant or a bunny out of the freezer !.  

[quote user="Dog"]

Frederick it surprises me you don't know what you are eating - Zebu!

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/news/the-great-zebu-con--and-other-restaurant-swindles-462546.html

[/quote]

Thanks for the link Dog, it gave me the term that i was searching for Xenophobic!

I have eaten and thoroughly enjoyed enjoyed the £3.99 bovine steaks, it doesnt surprise or dissapoint me that they are Zebu but then I prefer horsemeat to French beef.

Those of us who relish eating the flesh of dead animals have come to terms with the fact that what's on our plate once walked, swum or flew.  It has always struck me as somewhat daft  - nay hypocritical even - to worry about what species it once was - except in taste terms. 

Because you can do what you want in your own home.

You'll always be better fed in a veggie house and have good wholesome fresh food that tastes superb - never had a complaint and the sad carnivores never miss the boring flesh they usually eat through misguided habit.

[quote user="Chancer"][quote user="Dog"]

Frederick it surprises me you don't know what you are eating - Zebu!

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/food-and-drink/news/the-great-zebu-con--and-other-restaurant-swindles-462546.html

[/quote]

Thanks for the link Dog, it gave me the term that i was searching for Xenophobic!

I have eaten and thoroughly enjoyed enjoyed the £3.99 bovine steaks, it doesnt surprise or dissapoint me that they are Zebu but then I prefer horsemeat to French beef.

[/quote]

I do not think misleading carnvores is xenophobic it is a sad fact of the corruption in the meat industry - if you don't care what you eat and don't care how it's described it surprises me you know what you eat.

[quote user="Dog"]

You'll always be better fed in a veggie house and have good wholesome fresh food that tastes superb - never had a complaint and the sad carnivores never miss the boring flesh they usually eat through misguided habit.

[/quote]

Typical propaganda put out by Veggies. Not so my friend, most vegetarian food is soooooo boring, also most of them look like death warmed up and suffer from flatulence. Get a good bacon sandwich in you , you know it makes sense!  Imagine having to go into a greasy spoon and asking for a tofu sandwich??  As to never having a complaint, if you say so.

Xenophobic (the term I couldnt remember) was to describe the person who wrote the following diatribe;

[quote user="Dog"]You have no imagination or insight - at 3.99 you are eating cheap foreign cow type animals with humps on their backs.[/quote]

I used nationalistic as I didnt want to use the term racist, I still think you are prejudiced against bossus.

At £3.99 even someone who you consider does not how how to eat could work out that the meat would be cheap [;-)]

[quote user="NickP"]

Why is it that when visit friends or relatives who are vegetarians you only get offered vegetarian food? Yet when they visit your home you offer them vegetarian food while you cook normally for yourself.

[/quote]Goodness knows.  I hate even to have to remember some of the rubbish I've been given that people dared to call food in veggie households.  Tastes of nothing and you're hungry half an hour later. 

I do have one veggie friend however who is married to a cattle farmer and she can cook a mean meat dish (speciality being stuff her o/h shot that morning) even though, by definition she never actually tastes what she cooks. 

[quote user="NickP"][quote user="Dog"]

[/quote]

Typical propaganda put out by Veggies. Not so my friend, most vegetarian food is soooooo boring, also most of them look like death warmed up and suffer from flatulence. Get a good bacon sandwich in you , you know it makes sense!  Imagine having to go into a greasy spoon and asking for a tofu sandwich??  As to never having a complaint, if you say so.

[/quote]

I have no wish to enter a greasy spoon, I am not your friend, eating pigs makes no sense. All the veggies I know are hale and healthy and make flesh eaters look like unhealthy lardy lazy people.

[quote user="NickP"][quote user="Dog"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have no wish to enter a greasy spoon, I am not your friend, eating pigs makes no sense. All the veggies I know are hale and healthy and make flesh eaters look like unhealthy lardy lazy people.

[quote user="cooperlola"]OK Dog we get the point.  No need to say it twice!

Carnivores dare not ever complain to veggies about the appaling muck they serve up in the name of food  because all they ever get as a result is a lecture, not an improvement in the cuisine.
[/quote]

You are so brave admitting how difficult it is to get good food in carnovore circles.

I think you should be applauded for having the bravery to admit the muck carnivores eat.

It is so sad that carnivores serve appalling slop and dare not admit it to veggies. We wouldn't give you a lecture just some pointers towards flavoursome fresh exciting food.

[quote user="Dog"]

[quote user="cooperlola"]OK Dog we get the point.  No need to say it twice!

Carnivores dare not ever complain to veggies about the appaling muck they serve up in the name of food  because all they ever get as a result is a lecture, not an improvement in the cuisine.
[/quote]

You are so brave admitting how difficult it is to get good food in carnovore circles.

I think you should be applauded for having the bravery to admit the muck carnivores eat.

It is so sad that carnivores serve appalling slop and dare not admit it to veggies. We wouldn't give you a lecture just some pointers towards flavoursome fresh exciting food.

[/quote]

I think one thing this thread proves is that being a veggie hampers your ability to read other peoples comments correctly. Also dog, in respect to your comment about me "not being your friend" thank goodness for that, as I would hate to have to turn down your invitation to lunch. Must go as I have to make myself a late night snack, a lovely  sausage sandwich.

Dear Dog,

A dinner party with you would be a very interesting affair. You would hate me for being a carniverous banker, and I would be intrigued/frustrated with your ability to try and impose your doctrines and opinions. We all have different agendas in life, but you speak as though the only opinion that is right is your own. That is a shame.

I don't hate you - I am amazed you can rob at will and abuse the system. I  think the only agenda you are interested in is your own - you would eat well and drink well at my table - probably better than you ever have.