Re: Macca is getting to look like....

mint

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Weedon and Derek, please go back and look at the link which I hadn't posted when you replied.

When you have looked, tell me whether I am right or wrong?[;-)]

[/quote]

I see what you mean Sweet..... but Ken Dodd is better looking IMO.[6]

Wooly, I don't think he does look like Trump.  Don't think he is starting to look like Ken Dodd either. http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ken+dodd+photo&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7ADRA_en&redir_esc=&ei=_xzFTff4HISxhAeImMn1Aw

Paul was my favourite when I was a girl and I cried when the Beatles split up, it felt like my world had ended in some way, I was so upset.

Now to me, Paul looks as creepy as Cluff Richard. What is it with skinny 'old' men with died hair, terrible.

Do 'old' women look better with died hair? The 'orange/red' look that so many ladies I would see or knew in France was not a good look at all. Black haired ladies who keep it 'black' isn't either, too harsh, as skin tone changes.

Most of us change as we get older. What a rum old world if 'we' old people still looked young. I think that we can look perfectly fine as we are[:D]

[quote user="idun"]

I think that we can look perfectly fine as we are[:D]

[/quote]That's the principle I've always lived by.  However, many women wear makeup which can cover up some of the wrinkles so the funny hair doesn't look quite so odd in contrast to the skin.  But it's all always seemed to be a complete waste of money to me.  I guess if you are lucky enough to have more cash than you know what to do with then you begin to spend it foolishly eventually.

At least he tries to do something with his hair unlike Trump with the doormat he has on his head.

Personally, I am going grey with dignity, although my girlfriend's 11 yo daughter keeps telling me to dye my hair. She says her dad's older than me and has no grey hair at all...

Dyeing is not for me, and it works for Richard and George, so why not me?

I have to mention something that I call  'keeping tidy', which I don't consider as anything to do with age either. We don't have to look at ourselves, but others do. What would I rather look at, a  vielle bique or clochard, or someone who has made a little effort. Effort is usually more pleasing to the eye and when going out, why not a little extra effort.

So for going out,  I wear a little eye make up, but not that of my youth, a little lippy and then the other thing is that  I wear cover up on a few taches on the sides of my face as I don't like them, I put them down to living in a hot climate for so long. I was never a sunbather. I assume I got them through winding the window down in the car So when I go out, I like to cover them as much as I can, not that anything quite does.......[Www] just a little vanity[;-)]

If people care to judge me by my looks then that is their funeral.  I don't care what people like that think of me anyway.  Tidy?  Well, I brush my hair and my teeth when I go out in public and try not to stink, but that's as far as it goes.[:D]

There's an ad' campaign for some pointless, expensive gunk or other whose tag line is "Love the skin your in."  What the thing appears to be trying to do to me is to make people self conscious and ashamed of the skin their in so they'll waste money trying to fight what time and nature is doing to them.

[quote user="idun"]

the other thing is that  I wear cover up on a few taches on the sides of my face as I don't like them, I put them down to living in a hot climate [;-)]

[/quote]

I think a moustache on a woman is quite fetching , especially if you add some wax to the ends to curl them up. Light up a little cigar and the look is complete. Corrr!

Like you Idun, I have my vanities that demand using make-up when I go out socially.

Right from when I was young, I wondered who I was making the effort for, now I think it's for myself, maybe a pride thing. At the same time I acknowledge that I "dress up" to keep my end up when I'm out with friends. But I dye my hair for me, have done since well before the grey started coming through.

Since I'm in confession mode, I admit that I have contact lenses, and use a tinted moisturiser on my legs to simulate a suntan. I quite like the idea of growing old disgracefully, but hey, each to his/her own!

My you have strange taste in the ladies Weedon. Well each to their own.

Coops, I cannot say that I don't care about appearance, I do. I care when people look askance at my youngest son out in his hoodie, track suit bottoms and trainers. His hair is brushed, teeth too, smells fine, but people fear the 'young' looking like that. My son has decent clothes and will wear them for an interview, he is well aware how people do 'judge' and he will make comments about others who go for interviews inappropriately dressed.

I think maybe people would not sit next to my Dad on the bus, he too has brushed hair, clean teeth and washes his clothes every day, that he looks like an SDF is quite another thing. His raggedy old clothes are apparently comfortable, whereas his decent things are not.

If I was this, http://www.flickr.com/photos/johannlourens/5697084126/in/pool-24833238@N00  shouldn't I want a little love and care, to tidy me up a bit?[6] Now maybe if I was a bit of a je m'en fous old banger and not care, but  those who look at me, wouldn't they want more  and see me looking as good as I could for an old gal? If you see what I mean[:)]

Idun, you are so right.  It doesn't have to be a question of layering on heaps of make up, it's just a question of making an effort to be presentable as long as possible.  All too soon we will be too old to care what we look like and in any case, our children like to see us looking good/healthy/presentable as it means we've still got a grip! I take care of my 98year old aunt who is very 'coquette' and still won't be seen in public withoug her lipstick which she can still apply in a moving car without a mirror and without getting it up her nose! [:D]

[quote user="woolybanana"]Well, I no longer wear any make-up and have given up colouring my hair at all. Somehow I have that distinguished, rather well lived in look, so others say!![6][/quote][:D] Well, I may say that you look a d*mned sight better than the fright in the picture which started this thread. 

Idun, as long as your son and your father are comfortable in what they wear, then good for them.  Nowt to do with the rest of us, any more than what my mother looks like is my business.  In fact, she is 89 and stopped wearing makeup and dying her hair about 10 years ago - she looks far, far better for it and is often mistaken for a woman in her 70s.  My father hated the fact that he couldn't tie a tie and he could no longer wear one, when his hands got too arthritic.  He never felt comfortable going out without one, whereas I think they're horrid things (especially on scrawny old necks), except in a very formal setting.  But each to their own.

Whatever makes people feel good is alright by me..

Dyied hair or not, make up or not, some old people are looking good, even with their wrinkles, you can read life on their faces..

My mum is almost 70 , and she's still beautiful.

Macca is going to be 69 in June, he doesn't look bad at all for his age, in my opinion, you have chosen a very bad pic sweet... ( I hate you by the way ... [;-)] )

Taken very recently too......

I'd marry him any day !!   [:D]

Crikey, Frenchie, I had quite forgotten he was so young[:-))].   He looks about 80 in the photograph at the beginning of this thread - if you stood him next to Mr C you'd think he was my o/h's father.  More evidence that you should not try to fool time (especially when your real age is well known to all.)