Re: M E R C I

Frenchie

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="pachapapa"]

If you walk into a "bunch of fives" in the pub or at Old Trafford then no.[/quote]

If you walk into a "bunch of fives" in the pub or at Old Trafford, then most probably - you deserved it!

Many a happy afternoon spent watching and listening, to the crack of leather upon willow at Old Trafford, and never a hint of a pugilistic demonstration.

Oh dear Salty Sam, you are saying that I went into a Man United Club wearing a blue shirt with Man City on it and deserved what I got!  For I did get a severe verbal beating that is for sure.

And I thought that I was just wearing a multi coloured shirt that said 'football' on it. Don't like football, but that sort of works as an example.

Our society is no nicer than before as we have just found new victims. Instead of the 'cripples' etc, it is now old folks who are shoved into different institutions where they are all too often neglected and abused, even by those nurses who are supposed to care for and about them. The NHS seems to be moving towards a position that anyone over a certain age is too much trouble and should die as quickly as possible, some doctors even having to prescribe water for Bobo's sake. The advantage is that they are stripped of their rights and cant fight back.

For example

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/8537665/Hospitals-failing-basic-tests-in-care-for-elderly.html

Butter that is the answer to that. Get your arteries clogged up folks, live a good and hearty life full of pleasure and then go out with a heart attack.

We all have to go some time. It is the when etc that bothers me and the quality of life at the end of my days. Personally I would rather go sooner and have lived life as I loved it, rather than being careful trying to keep fit and eat awful 'healthy' foof and end up being in a home.

In these homes, well, from what I have heard in France or the UK, people are on minimum wage and have hard jobs, that sometimes they don't like or want and that the owners make the money. Not for me, not for me at all.

Sorry Wooly, I digress, you are saying that the elderly are the new victims. Feels like we should all plan what we want our own futures to be, if we don't, then yes, probably will end up being victims;

[quote user="idun"]

Butter that is the answer to that. Get your arteries clogged up folks, live a good and hearty life full of pleasure and then go out with a heart attack.

We all have to go some time. It is the when etc that bothers me and the quality of life at the end of my days. Personally I would rather go sooner and have lived life as I loved it, rather than being careful trying to keep fit and eat awful 'healthy' foof and end up being in a home.

[/quote]Yessssss.  I'm 100% with you there.  A "ripe" old age is somewhat over-rated if that's what we have to "look forward" to.  However, my mother has always eaten as much butter etc as she wished and is 89 and still living alone and totally independently.  You just never know what will take you and when, do you?

[quote user="idun"]

Oh dear Salty Sam, you are saying that I went into a Man United Club wearing a blue shirt with Man City on it and deserved what I got!  For I did get a severe verbal beating that is for sure.

And I thought that I was just wearing a multi coloured shirt that said 'football' on it. Don't like football, but that sort of works as an example.[/quote]

Oh, THAT Old Trafford! [:(]

The only good thing there being the the chip shop around the corner.

[quote user="idun"]

In these homes, well, from what I have heard in France or the UK, people are on minimum wage and have hard jobs, that sometimes they don't like or want and that the owners make the money. Not for me, not for me at all.

Sorry Wooly, I digress, you are saying that the elderly are the new victims. Feels like we should all plan what we want our own futures to be, if we don't, then yes, probably will end up being victims;

[/quote]Don't drink, don't smoke - you may not live longer but it will certainly seem like it[:D]

In reference to the Arles infant report; a read of the comments is enlightening.

Several suggest that he may have been punished by a "prof" and hung up to dry.

Remarkable mindset by the commentators and a sad reflection of their opinion of french academia.

[quote user="pachapapa"]

IMHO a case of bullying; difficult to suspend oneself from a "porte -manteau".

11 year old; 35 minutes cardiac arrest, sad.

http://www.20minutes.fr/article/731102/ecolier-retrouve-pendu-arles-pronostic-vital-engage#commentaires

Just waiting to read the self-righteous exonerations from the teaching staff in fridays media.

[/quote]

In fairness I do seem to remember some while ago a kid in a UK school being refused access to his Asthma inhaler because it was not the teachers job to administor or supervise medical treatment in the school. They called an ambulance, eventually, and in the meantime sat and watch him convulse on the floor and his face going blue due to lack of oxygen.

[quote user="Frenchie"]Being a teacher in a horrible French school,  should I be handcuffed right now ? One is never too careful, n'est ce pas ?[/quote]

I really do  understand that this little message it is meant in the spirit of irony, maybe even humorous, I really do. BUT, if I were not me , I could have felt very picked on by it, very upset too.

A number of posts have been removed from this thread, please remember :

Comments or questions regarding the general administration of the forum should be made by "private message" or using the "Report" link to the moderators or direct to Forum Admin. Such comments or questions should not be posted in the open forum.

There has been some latitude given within the remainder of the thread, but the last few posts in the thread had become mostly about the running of the forum, there may be further pruning later.

[quote user="idun"]

[quote user="Frenchie"]Being a teacher in a horrible French school,  should I be handcuffed right now ? One is never too careful, n'est ce pas ?[/quote]

I really do  understand that this little message it is meant in the spirit of irony, maybe even humorous, I really do. BUT, if I were not me , I could have felt very picked on by it, very upset too.

[/quote]

I'm sorry if you thought if was directed at you. Not at all.

Just reacting with irony , in response to someone else's post.

I knew nothing about you, couldn't see why you took it on board.